Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Pay to hike in South Colony

Colorado 14ers access and fee issues only, please

Pay to hike in South Colony

Postby metalmountain » Tue May 11, 2010 7:21 am

I grew up in Westcliffe and still have family there. They told me to check this article out and I thought there would be some others amongst you who would like to have a read:

http://www.wetmountaintribune.com/home.asp?i=540&p=7

I know this is something that has been rumored before but now they look a little more serious about the idea. $20 for an overnight seems a little ridiculous if you ask me.
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Re: Pay to hike in South Colony

Postby Cruiser » Tue May 11, 2010 7:43 am

Another thread on this topic was started a few days ago:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24512
Where ever you are... There you are.

Re: Pay to hike in South Colony

Postby metalmountain » Tue May 11, 2010 8:14 am

Cruiser wrote:Another thread on this topic was started a few days ago:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24512

Oops! My bad...Thanks.
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem