70 Peaks in One Month

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dougald
Trip Reports (0)

70 Peaks in One Month

Post by dougald »

Looking for a little inspiration? Check out this interview with Steve Knapp, who climbed 70 peaks during the month of January. Impressive!!!!

http://coloradomountainjournal.com/2010 ... n-january/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rich H
14ers: 45  7 
13ers: 163
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 70 Peaks in One Month

Post by Rich H »

I climbed the bell traverse with Jason. He is a great one to climb with. One of the strongest and most laid back climbers I have ever met.

Great web site.
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Thanks for posting the link.
Steve Knapp's amazing, IMO, but he's only got 32 so far this month :wink:
Maybe that's why the red team's slowing down to 5th in total peaks???
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

That's a nice article - nice shot from Independence Monument too!

As for the 70 peaks in one month... well, I said it before, I'll say it again:
susanjoypaul wrote:Why, it's peak-tacular! It's mount-rageous! Un-butte-lievable! Mesa-merizing, summit-tuous and totally o-ridge-inal!
It's, it's... Knapp-tastic!

Congrelevations Steve. That's a whole lotta peaks.
Matt: You've done nine ranked peaks all year. Nine peaks. All year. :-)