Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14er Peak Checklists

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

14er Peak Checklists

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:00 pm

I've added the following unofficially-name, sub-summits to the 14er checklist pages. The don't get added into the 53/58 summit tallies when you check them off, but they do show up as checked/unchecked when someone is viewing your peak checklist - either on the 14er checklists or the Top-100 (Centennial) checklist through the 13er checklists...

Elks
"North Snowmass"

Front
"West Evans"
"Southeast Longs"

Mosquito
"South Bross"

Sangres
"East Crestone"
"Northeast Crestone"
"South Little Bear"
"Northwest Lindsey"

San Juans
"South Wilson"
"West Wilson"

Sawatch
"North Massive"
"Massive Green"
"East La Plata"
"South Elbert"
"South Massive"
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: 14er Peak Checklists

Postby MountainHiker » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:20 pm

Wow, some of these I’ll have to pour over the maps to figure out if I stood on them or not. If I’m not sure or know I haven’t then you just provided me with another excuse to go climb these again!
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Me too!

Since they been incorporated in the public lists updated by Gerry Roach and others before him, I figured I should give people the option to check them off.

"West Wilson"? I did that one in a thunder storm with USAKeller and cotajames.

Postby JB99 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:21 pm

You just gave me a reason to have walked over to S. Bross! I knew there was some point to that other than the draw of S. Bross' majestic beauty. Thanks.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not."

Postby JimR » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Oh great. Like I need more peaks to do. My wife is not going to like this.
I have more age than experience, more experience than knowledge, and more knowledge than wisdom.
Yet somehow I usually make it back to the car safely; and oftentimes, so do the people that I'm with.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Not sure I would call them "peaks," but that's a different discussion. With the exception of "North Massive" and "North Snowmass," I'll call them "interesting sub-summits."

Postby Kevin8020 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:32 pm

One suggestion, if I may: on routes that pass over or near these summits, it might be helpful to note the "interesting sub-summit" (or whatever) in the route description. For example, I'm guessing that "Northwest Lindsey" is climbed while ascending the northwest ridge route? (East La Plata is marked already...)
Last edited by Kevin8020 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. --Proverbs 3:5-6

Postby susanjoypaul » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:34 pm

MountainHiker wrote:Wow, some of these I’ll have to pour over the maps to figure out if I stood on them or not. If I’m not sure or know I haven’t then you just provided me with another excuse to go climb these again!

I have eight of the fifteen... and DHatfield had the forethought to put together trip reports as we completed some of them. The pics / route descriptions may help you figure out if you got these summits or not.

North Massive: http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=6040&parmuser=dhatfield&cpgm=tripmain&ski=Include
West Evans: http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=5881&parmuser=dhatfield&cpgm=tripmain&ski=Include
South Bross: http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=5780&parmuser=dhatfield&cpgm=tripmain&ski=Include
South Elbert: http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=5861&parmuser=dhatfield&cpgm=tripmain&ski=Include
South Little Bear: http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=5941&parmuser=dhatfield&cpgm=tripmain&ski=Include

Postby Kojones » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:48 pm

BILL!!!!!!!! Ugh - I guess I'll just have to go out and climb... what a chore!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kojones
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."

Postby randalmartin » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Finally, I get to check off South Elbert after climbing it from the Black Cloud trail 18 months ago. :)

Postby globreal » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:36 pm

JimR wrote:Oh great. Like I need more peaks to do. My wife is not going to like this.

+1!

Here I was starting to think I was get close to the finish line....I could see it off in the distance...in this coming summer. Now this just easily doubled my "to do" list.
Last edited by globreal on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby sunny1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:47 pm

cvrti5 wrote:With all these peak, sub-peak, and 13er checklists, I'm starting to realize that I am a total loser. Thanks!

+1!

I've been told "Loser Hill" or "Booby Prize" are my ultimate goals! :lol: :oops:
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.

Next