Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

13er Peak Checklists

Changes to 13ers.com
Site Administrator

13er Peak Checklists

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:10 am

I know we discussed this a while back, but I finally decided to add 13er peak checklist pages to the site. Some people use LOJ to maintain their 13er list, but I realized it wasn't really fair to those that maintain their 14er list on 14ers.com to have to go elsewhere to maintain a 13er list.

14ers.com Peak Checklists

When viewing someone's list, it's real easy to view All 13ers, Top 100, Top 200 and display his/her list in various formats.

The links are on the site pull-down menus under "Forum." Also, if you use the "Personal Peak Checklists" icon on the bottom-center of the home page, you may have to clear your browser cache (not cookies) to get the icon that has the new link because those icons are part of a Flash component.

Have fun! And, of course, feel free to post comments or questions here.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: 13er Peak Checklists

Postby Presto » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:25 am

Very cool, Bill! Now, I'll have to reference my checklist and fill in the boxes. I tried to do it by memory :roll: , but the brain's a bit foggy on some of the older ascents. :wink: Thanks for taking the time with this project. Happy trails! :D
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby TI83plus » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:26 am

:shock: WOW, now THAT's a list!

Nice work Bill. I've updated my "2" 13er climbs... :oops:
"I said, 'Do you love me?' and she said, 'No, but that's a really nice ski mask.'" - Lloyd Christmas

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:35 am

Presto wrote:Very cool, Bill! Now, I'll have to reference my checklist and fill in the boxes. I tried to do it by memory :roll: , but the brain's a bit foggy on some of the older ascents. :wink: Thanks for taking the time with this project. Happy trails! :D

I hear ya!
I know I'm probably missing a few on my list, but I haven't taken as good of records with my 13er ascents.

I'm sure there are some of you out there (Steve G.) that would prefer that I add a "Check All" option on that page. Now that would just make it too easy!

Postby Jon Frohlich » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:35 am

I think my total came out right. That's one hell of a checklist.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 am

Jon Frohlich wrote:I think my total came out right. That's one hell of a checklist.

I know, it's kinda big and ugly on one page but I figured that would be the easiest way to display it. Down the road, I may change it a bit or allow people to update by Range. Not sure yet.

Postby Jon Frohlich » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:45 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I know, it's kinda big and ugly on one page but I figured that would be the easiest way to display it. Down the road, I may change it a bit or allow people to update by Range. Not sure yet.

I actually kind of like it displayed in giant monolithic format like that. Looks more impressive.. :D

Postby sunny1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:49 am

That's an awesome list! Thanks! =D>
I've not kept good records on the 13ers I've done... ](*,) #-o
This will help!
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.

Postby harrise » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:51 am

Brilliant! (Or should I say BILLiant?)

I like the imposing look of all those peaks on one screen. Shows me I have to get out of the 12'ers a bit more often.

Postby PKelley » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:22 am

Thanks Bill. Are you going to put a link or "count" next to the person's screen name or avatar like you do with the 14er list?
The Dalai Lama when asked what surprised him most about humanity:
“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:26 am

PKelley wrote:Thanks Bill. Are you going to put a link or "count" next to the person's screen name or avatar like you do with the 14er list?

Funny, I was just going to post that I was working on that. Once get that change made, I'll have to see if it slows down the page display process at all. If so, I'll just say "View 13er Peak List" or something like that and leave out the count. More to come...

Postby bergsteigen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:36 am

Very nice! When are you gonna make the maps to accompany them :wink: I've been updating my own maps on my website

(I would have attached a screen shot, but no option for images anymore)
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Next