Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Democrat is supposed to be open as of last week?

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA

Democrat is supposed to be open as of last week?

Postby chert » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:41 pm

This may be old news I spoke with a friend in Bailey and the Alma town council reached and agreement with the three landowners with access to Democrat and they are paying them one dollar for access rights in return the town is taking care of the liability in case of accidents on the property. I am new to the sight but thought this would be useful info to get out to fellow members. Also is this one of those weekend when one should avoid the front range 14teeners because of the holiday crowds? thanks and be safe!! :lol:
Last edited by chert on Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TalusMonkey » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:21 pm

chert,

What you've heard about the Lincoln, Democrat and Bross situation is true, however, I've heard that despite the agreement between the landowners and the town of Alma, the peaks will not officially reopen until next year. Signage and route markers must be installed first.

And about the Front Range Labor Day traffic - you got that right! Don't be on I-70 on Friday afternoon or Monday afternoon - only suffering and woe await...
"When hiking in bear country one doesn't need to be the fastest runner in the party - just not the slowest."

Postby chert » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:56 pm

Talus Monkey,
thanks for getting the info correct I should know better than to repeat what a friend said!!
chert