Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

HOW CAN I IMPROVE 14ERS.COM?

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
User avatar
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: castle rock

Re: HOW CAN I IMPROVE 14ERS.COM?

Postby larkinrx2 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:59 pm

how about a map that fills in when you add peaks to the peak list?
or have all of them marked in black and change the color when completed?
i know its not about the list but i think this would be a neat way to see ones personal progress
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

User avatar
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: HOW CAN I IMPROVE 14ERS.COM?

Postby dcbates80911 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:16 pm

larkinrx2 wrote:how about a map that fills in when you add peaks to the peak list?
or have all of them marked in black and change the color when completed?
i know its not about the list but i think this would be a neat way to see ones personal progress


Go look at your peaks checklist. In the bottom left is an option to look at in the map format you are suggesting. :)

BTW...You can do this to anybody' checklist.
Last edited by dcbates80911 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

User avatar
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: castle rock

Re: HOW CAN I IMPROVE 14ERS.COM?

Postby larkinrx2 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:23 pm

dcbates80911 wrote:
larkinrx2 wrote:how about a map that fills in when you add peaks to the peak list?
or have all of them marked in black and change the color when completed?
i know its not about the list but i think this would be a neat way to see ones personal progress


Go look at your peaks checklist. In the bottom left is an option to look at in the map format you are suggesting. :)

BTW...You can do this to anybody' checklist.


Gee, Bill is Quick
doh #-o
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

User avatar
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: HOW CAN I IMPROVE 14ERS.COM?

Postby dcbates80911 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:25 pm

Ya about a year ahead....I suggested this a year ago and Bill was quick to implement. It really helps to visually see what others have done. :D :D :D
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

User avatar
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 2:00 pm
Location: Morrison, CO

Re: HOW CAN I IMPROVE 14ERS.COM?

Postby cbauer10 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:24 am

Bill,

While climbing with a few 14ers.com members this weekend I had an idea for an improvement. Although you are probably going to tell me that it is already possible an I just don't know it. :)

Could you and a note field to the friends and foes section of our profiles. I would like to be able to note in there that I climbed such and such a peak with this person, maybe put in their real name so I can remember it, if they were faster or slower than me, what I perceived their skill level to be, etc. It would help me to remember who they are and when I go to find someone to climb with again I would be able to remember whether we worked well on the mountain.

You could go a step farther and let us upload a small photo to the friend or foe to help us put a face with the name.

Thanks again for everything you do!!!

User avatar
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:31 am
Location: Clinton, Massachusetts

Re: HOW CAN I IMPROVE 14ERS.COM?

Postby jrbren_vt » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:27 pm

I was wondering what conditions would be like on 14ers in October. Rather then post a forum question this could just as easily be ascertained by browsing the trip reports for October, 2008, October 2007, etc... This can be done right now but could be made easier with a filter on the trip reports, examples filter by Month, or allow the user to enter a date range, example October 15- November 15. Don't know if its practical, but could be useful. Thanks again for the great work on this web site as it stands. One of the best hiking web sites around. Sorry if this feature already exists and I missed how to do it, I could only see how to sort by user or text in the title.
*****************
Best Regards - John
*****************

User avatar
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Re: HOW CAN I IMPROVE 14ERS.COM?

Postby smoove » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:29 pm

jrbren_vt wrote:I was wondering what conditions would be like on 14ers in October. Rather then post a forum question this could just as easily be ascertained by browsing the trip reports for October, 2008, October 2007, etc... This can be done right now but could be made easier with a filter on the trip reports, examples filter by Month, or allow the user to enter a date range, example October 15- November 15. Don't know if its practical, but could be useful. Thanks again for the great work on this web site as it stands. One of the best hiking web sites around. Sorry if this feature already exists and I missed how to do it, I could only see how to sort by user or text in the title.


There is a month filter. All the months are checked by default.

Site Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:34 pm
Location: Breckenridge, CO

Re: HOW CAN I IMPROVE 14ERS.COM?

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:10 pm

This thread has gotten huge. I'll go back through it soon and take note of possible enhancements that I haven't already implemented.

Then, I'll start a new thread.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests