Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

PLEASE, keep dogs out of the backcountry!

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
Let's try to keep the topics related to mountaineering, please.

Re: PLEASE, keep dogs out of the backcountry!

Postby England » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:10 pm

J-RockandRockpile wrote:
England wrote:
FCSquid wrote:... and freeking hilarious at the same time. Keep it up people! Happy hour's only 2 hours away ...

+1
J-RockandRockpile wrote:Dude, lighten up . . . guess thats applicable to everyone

+1 Yeah your right. That just got me a little excited.

Excited like a dog on a 14er, Excited?

Touche'
Peter Gallagher quote: "Many people say I move fast for a guy that's out of shape. Then I just remind them that round is a shape".

Postby sunny1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:11 pm

J-RockandRockpile wrote:
Chris Gerber wrote:
cheeseburglar wrote:And I always figured you for a commando guy, Gerber.

Naw... I'm more of a sequined thong type of guy. :lol:

Is that so your under briches don't ride up, while your out there runnin'?

It's a time saver...totally function over form...I'm gettin' a visual!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good God, this is great! :mrgreen:
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.

Postby mountainmicah83 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:15 pm

dumbsocrates wrote:Nice to meet you, Mr. Morganti. You must be the same obnoxious hiker who kept harassing responsible dog owners to tears the other day on Bierstadt. And besides, I am a utilitarian: law is relative! We all determined it would be best for all parties concerned--bring the most happiness to the largest number of members of the community--to gang up and push you off the cliff because, after all, what happens on a mountain, stays on the mountain... Listen to Mr. Bentham! Pity prevailed that time. But try not to be so vexed, and let some of that bile ooze out.

I'm glad you can at least hold up to your Philosophical name with things like quoting Bentham. That makes it cool!
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

Visit my blog at: http://mountainmicah.blogspot.com

Postby covfrrider » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Chris Gerber wrote:
cheeseburglar wrote:And I always figured you for a commando guy, Gerber.

Naw... I'm more of a sequined thong type of guy. :lol:

I figured it was less material to wash.

CG_old

Postby CG_old » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:43 pm

merlin wrote:
It should have been called "Tripod"

That's cheeseburglar's nickname.

Postby 14erFreak127 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:21 pm

lindasmith wrote:Dogs in the backcountry, and on 14ers, are a nuisance. They chase the wildlife, make too much noise, sh*t all over, and insist on pushing their nose into my groin or licking my kids with their slobber. Please, please keep your dogs at home! You really can be alone, for a few hours, without your stupid pets!

Linda

I'm not sure if calling them our "stupid pets" was the best approach you could have taken.


Postby 29neibolt » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Liberals in the backcountry, and on 14ers, are a nuisance. They chase the wildlife, then try to pay for their healthcare with my money, make too much noise, sh*t all over the constitution , and insist on pushing their nose into interns groins or licking my gun with their slobber. Please, please keep your liberals at home! You really can be alone, for a few hours, without your stupid liberals!

I don't need equal time, I am equal time!

Postby Dex » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Wow, this should really get interesting next year when guns are legal to be carried on the trails.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby Jim Davies » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Guns are legal now on most 14er trails. I think there's a state law that says you have to keep them on a leash, though.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of white blood cells.

Postby Buckeye-Annie » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Texans in the backcountry, and on 14ers, are a nuisance. They chase women, make too much noise, drink/party/puke all over, and insist on driving their jeeps off the Antero Road. Please, please keep your egos at home!
The measure of a person's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.
http://www.AnnieUpHigh.com
Life as a Wild Child

Postby powdergator » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:04 pm

What a ridiculous comment (about kids)...my 7 yr old daughter just did her first two14 eers this week (Grays and Mt. Sneffels) and she does not chase wildlife, pick flowers and asks before petting dogs. In fact she has a great love of nature and the outdoor life as we have hiked and camped with her since she was a baby. Nobody enjoys badly behaved kids (or dogs,) but there are respectful kids out there, and a parent sharing his or her love of the outdoors is so healthy for the kid

Postby perryw » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:00 am

So I'm hiking up on Redcloud and this guy's dog comes running up to me. So I ask him if his dog bites and he says, "No".

Next thing I know, the dog sinks his teeth into by leg.

Turns out, It was not his dog!

As far as Texans go...

You can tell a Texan from a long ways off, but when they get up close, you can't tell them a damn thing.

As far a Parents (and Dog owners) go, Everyone I've asked the question has been "Above Average"; just like Lake Wobegon.
Did you know that the word gullible is NOT in the dictionary?

PreviousNext