Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
thespoonybard
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by thespoonybard »

Kiefer wrote:Whoa! Utah has beer? I thought all you guys had were canyons and mormons....
What a great quote to start this morning for me. Laughed my ass off.

Back to the real matter at hand:

1. Sam Adams Creamy Stout
2. Killian's Irish Red
3. Carling Lager
4. Budweiser (Diesel Baby)
5. Fat Tire
"The mountains are calling...and I must go" - John Muir
"all your base are belong to us"
catbus-x
14ers: 14 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by catbus-x »

Heineken 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Bavaria 8) 8) 8) 8)
Lowenbraun :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Grolsch :) :) :)
Fosters :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Molson :P :P :P
Budweiser [-X [-X
thunderinacircle
14ers: 22 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by thunderinacircle »

1554 - I can't believe no one mentioned it.

and PBR for the less prosperous times.
when the moon first rose tonight, my eyes were met with such a beautiful sight. a feeling deep inside so hard to explain, so familiar yet impossible to name. this is the place where dreams come true, a part of me and a part of you. this is where our spirits fly, on beams of light across the sky...and i'll meet you, in the valley of the full moon. as bright as the sun, in the middle of the afternoon.
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

I love to see some of my faves already making an appearance.
In no particular order:
Green Flash West Coast IPA
Pliney the Elder (thanks, Aub for the head-up)
Budweiser Budvar (in the brown bottle, only)
Odell's IPA
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
Dogfish 90 Minute
Rochefort 10

This list is always in flux, though.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
CorduroyCalves
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

Definitely like the wheaties--Sunshine, Easy Street, Jack Whacker, and even though it's a Coors product, Blue Moon is a fine brew. PBR and Miller High Life are two of my favorite swills. Dos Equis amber and Grolsch amber are two I like as well.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
TI83plus
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TI83plus »

Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat Beer. There may be other wheat beers that are as good, but none that are better. :iluvbeer:
"I said, 'Do you love me?' and she said, 'No, but that's a really nice ski mask.'" - Lloyd Christmas
XPLSV
14ers: 28 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by XPLSV »

So many choices...but at present, it would have to be Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. If you like hoppy beers, a couple other good double IPAs are Breckenridge 471 IPA (Small Batch) and Stone Brewery Ruination IPA.
Bernie

It's an interglacial period...
CorduroyCalves
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

TI83plus wrote:Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat Beer. There may be other wheat beers that are as good, but none that are better. :iluvbeer:
Where's it brewed, TI? I don't think I've heard of it before. Oh, and one I forgot to add is 312 Urban Wheat, made by Goose Island Brewery out of Chicago.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
Oman
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Oman »

When beer was for swillin, not sippin:

Can't think of beer without Harry (and another ice-cold Falstaff):
ktimm
14ers: 24 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ktimm »

1. Hop Henge (Deschutes)
2. Maharaja (Avery)
3. Obsidian Stout (Deschutes)
TI83plus
14ers: 50  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TI83plus »

CorduroyCalves wrote:
TI83plus wrote:Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat Beer. There may be other wheat beers that are as good, but none that are better. :iluvbeer:
Where's it brewed, TI? I don't think I've heard of it before. Oh, and one I forgot to add is 312 Urban Wheat, made by Goose Island Brewery out of Chicago.

It's brewed in Kansas City, and it's definitely a regional beer. My friend out in Colorado Springs gets excited every time I make the trek out there because it means he gets some Boulevard Beer (when I remember to bring it, anyway :oops: ). The brewery is just down the road from where I work, and that makes me happy just knowing that. :D
"I said, 'Do you love me?' and she said, 'No, but that's a really nice ski mask.'" - Lloyd Christmas
ronefatone
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ronefatone »

Wow I've never seen so many beer snobs.....

My list...

1. Colt 45
2. Pacifico
3. Coors Light
4. Michelob Golden Draft Light
5. OE

How you like me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!