Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Seven Summits Yougest Completed

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Seven Summits Yougest Completed

Postby susanjoypaul » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:55 am

Ian McKeever did it in 156 days:

Postby MUni Rider » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:03 am

Titan_20 wrote:Nevermind I found out right after I posted this, the youngest is 18 years and something. Guess I'll have to find something something else maybe fastest but is pretty fast less than half a year. I don't know.

Oh man, that sucks. Those mountains are so not worth climbing now since someone beat ya to it. Time to take up golfing now. - What a drag. :roll:
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)

Postby jrbren_vt » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:57 pm

Whose the youngest to climb the second highest in each continent ? (my climbing friends say that's more of an accomplishment then the seven summit anyway)

Whose the youngest to climb K2 ? Annapurna ? Or pick any 8000 meter peak if you find one where you could be the youngest.

Its my impression a step up from the 14ers, from a mountaineering challenge perception, would be the Canadian Rockies 11000ers. Most of them have no walk up routes that do not require glacier travel and/or technical mountaineering skills. Has anyone climbed them in alphabetical order ?

If worse comes to worse, you can just climb the world for the fun of it. Just climb what grabs your fancy and do not worry about who has done what before you.
Best Regards - John

Postby Scott P » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:08 pm

Whose the youngest to climb the second highest in each continent ? (my climbing friends say that's more of an accomplishment then the seven summit anyway)

Unless done recently, no one has climbed all the second summits of each continent. The only person to climb both Tyree and K2 was Rob Hall and he's now dead.

Whose the youngest to climb K2 ?

A few years ago it was Tatsuya at age 21.
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.

Previous