Please name these peaks for me (pic)

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
gb
14ers: 56  54  6 
13ers: 67 54
Trip Reports (26)

Please name these peaks for me (pic)

Post by gb »

I took this photo Sunday and I'm not really that familiar with these peaks. The photo was taken from Mt Bellview near Schofield pass (Devil's Punchbowl is lower left). I'm thinking that they are Daly/Meadow mtn/Richey/Hawk, but I'm not sure. Anyone familiar with the far West part of the Elks?
covfrrider
14ers: 30  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Please name these peaks for me (pic)

Post by covfrrider »

Here ya go... thanks Google Earth! ;)
Attachments
BellviewNov92008050.jpg
BellviewNov92008050.jpg (96.98 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
gb
Trip Reports (26)

Post by gb »

that didn't take long, thanks a bunch!!
Kane
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kane »

I think you will like this one a wee bit better.

Kane

Doug Shaw
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Doug Shaw »

Kane wrote:I think you will like this one a wee bit better.
I'm disappointed, Kane, you didn't identify the tiny little hill in the right-hand foreground? You must be losing your touch :)
Kane
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kane »

Doug Shaw wrote:
I'm disappointed, Kane, you didn't identify the tiny little hill in the right-hand foreground? You must be losing your touch :)

Doug, I actually tried to figure out the exact spot he took the image however I wasn't as confident in that answer as I was with the peak labling. I'm assuming the shot was taken around the Emerald Lake in the Schofield Pass area. Just a guess.

Kane
Britette
14ers: 12 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Britette »

If anyone wants to ski these let me know - that's my 'hood. I've done a few of them already but there's good lines all over the place. Siberia isn't in the pic but that's another one I'm looking for partners for.
covfrrider
14ers: 30  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

Kane

I beg to differ... I think my labeling is correct. If yours is, you would be able to see Snowmass as well. I believe the picture was taken at about 11,330 feet to the NW of Mount Bellview.
schofield.jpg
schofield.jpg (52.45 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
gb
Trip Reports (26)

Post by gb »

As I said in the post, I took the shot from near Mt Bellview's summit. Perhaps this photo will help as well, since it shows the easily identifiable Snowmass as well as the peak which is labeled as both Hagerman and Meadow on the left behind the tails of my skis.

Looks like some fun skiing to be had there, Britette, which is why I'm asking in the first place :D
Kane
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kane »

Brian I think you are right. I was completely confused as to where the shot was taken. My only challenge would be; what you have labled Mount Richey. I think it may be UN12,670 B. This peak is 200-ft higher in elevation than Richey. I'm assuming 670 B would be more prominent from that vantage. Here's a shot of 12,670 B from the north slope of Arkansas. Looks alot like the original snowy photo. Just something else to think about. :wink:

gb
Trip Reports (26)

Post by gb »

Thanks guys. Have to get in there and take a better look soon :D