Strange sightings

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
JA_son27
14ers: 54  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (31)

Strange sightings

Post by JA_son27 »

While my wife and I were hiking Green Mountain in Boulder today I saw something so weird, so strange I didn't know if I was hallucinating or what...........

I saw a man dressed in nice pressed khakis, with a nice white sweat laden shirt,(he did look very tired) with a giant blue tooth in his ear, I checked to see if he was wearing loafers to put the whole package together, but he was wearing trail shoes. I'm not being judgemental, in fact I don't care what people wear, I just wasn't expecting to see a man dressed like he stepped out of the Flagstaff House to work off his meal.

Anyone have this experience while hiking, or does this only happen in Boulder?
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Strange sightings

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Last night, while trick-or-treating with my kids, I saw several witches yapping loudly on cell phones.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
XPLSV
14ers: 28 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Strange sightings--Marilyn Monroe on Incline

Post by XPLSV »

Actually, there were two Marilyn's on the incline this past Thursday :shock:
Bernie

It's an interglacial period...
rmhil
14ers: 18 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rmhil »

I think you and your wife were one of the fortunate few to actually get to see TGC in disguise.
TheGreatCamillo
14ers: 58  18 
13ers: 33
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TheGreatCamillo »

The Great Camillo does not need to wear disguises! Except when I want to climb K2 without attracting much attention.