Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Snowboard binding parts?

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Snowboard binding parts?

Postby Alpine » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:16 pm

Where do I find parts?

My sons binding lost one of those straps that has the ridges that you push through the buckle to cinch down onto the boot. The nylock nut and screw somehow fell off and the strap disappeared. I think I have seen them called ladder straps. Anyway, is there a local store that carries these kind of parts? Or is it only through the manufacturer? The screw I am sure will be easy to come by at the hardware store, but the strap?

Not sure of the brand/model, but can find out.
"You know I've always loved you...and you know I always will." Third Day

Re: Snowboard binding parts?

Postby fleetmack » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:34 am

i've snapped those on one of my bindings twice when it was extremely cold and i stepped on them trying to strap in (burton mission bindings). i think it was christy sports (at the base of keystone) but they replaced it for like $5 each time. Side note: it is NOT cool when you didn't realize you snapped one and then when going down a run your foot flies out of your binding!

To clarify what we're talking about, here's a picture of mine the time it didn't break all the way through, is this what you mean?:

you can see the toe-edge one is about to snap too, I replaced it as general maintenance
Last edited by fleetmack on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor

Postby mtnmaniac » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:46 am

Beware: According to a friend who snowboards, Burton is having a real issue with a certain model of bindings. All I know about the model is that when my friend saw the busted part at the top of the lift he said that they were one of the better models and continued on to mutter some not nice things. He had to end up buying new ones even though the repair folks at REI (not where the combo came from), said this was a common problem with that model.
Are you hurt.... or injured?

Postby bradbrad624 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:49 am

I was able to get a new strap from Christy Sports when the buckle broke on mine. The replacemant strap was for a Kemper binding but fit on my binding from someone else.

Postby denalibound » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:20 pm

The shops at the bottom of the ski resorts that do rental have tons of spare parts laying around. Any time I've had a problem they have graciously helped, replacing various straps and buckles. It seems the guys working the shop know how broken gear can ruin a day and do their best to keep people on the hill.

My only recomendation is to not go early in the morning as the shop will be packed with people being fitted for rentals. Go in mid-day for the to get the fastest service.

Best of luck.

Postby Alpine » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Thanks for your help on this.

I called Christy's. The guy was pretty sure they could take care of it if I bring the binding in.
"You know I've always loved you...and you know I always will." Third Day