Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Need AT Gear Advice

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Need AT Gear Advice

Postby cushman » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:13 pm

Q: How many tele skiers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Five. One to screw it in and four to rave about how great the turn was.
Fourteener? I hardly knew her!
Mark Cushman

Postby CincyBearcats » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Jcwhite wrote:yep i picked em up for 255 as well

$255 for the FR+!!! Where the heck did you two score that deal? Didn't I see you with FR's (not FR+'s) on Castle in June? Did you have the FR+'s mounted on a different AT rig, or have you replaced the old bindings since then? I picked up mine a few months prior to seeing you guys, and I was quite proud of the $325 that I paid. At that time, the bindings were pretty new on the market, and hardly anyone had them for less than retail. Under $300 is crazy, and $255 is just nuts. Please tell me you were charged $125 for shipping and handling so I can sleep at night.

IMG_0327_2.jpg
(128.58 KiB) Downloaded 396 times

Postby Jcwhite » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:35 pm

Yeah bought a new pair to throw on the Kilowatts this year. Bought them in the middle of july from Boulder ski deals who had like one pair left. But yeah 255, and about 10 for shipping. Hopefully there is some good late night television on, cause I was tellin the truth.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

CG_old

Postby CG_old » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:27 am

Rockymtnhigh69 wrote:Jeesh!

Why all the hate with the anti pinhead video? :D

I did find the carry the extra ice axe to hit snowboarders rather funny though!

Remember, "half the binding, twice the skill" :lol:

I'm not hating on tele... just having fun :-)

I wish I could have picked it up quicker, it's a great workout. The crashes just kept ruining my ski seasons!

Postby iceman » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:42 pm

Thanks for the advice and the very funny video. I decided on the Scarpa Spirit 4 Alpine Touring Boot and the Fritsche Freeride Plus Binding. Since I am now broke I will have to use some hand-me-down Atomic Skis. :?

Previous