Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski/Board maintenance

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Postby RenoBob » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:17 pm

rlw49 wrote:Okay, dumb question, which I am fully qualified to ask. Do they lubricate downhill ski bindimgs? If so, with what? I'm thinking ski techs might not work on them since they may be too old, but they haven't seen much use.These will probably be rock skis.

Not dumb at all, The ski tech may suggest you get new bindings. Remember bindings aren't like wine, they don't get better with age. You can use WD40 each time before you go or the old basic 3in1 oil lubricant in the little red and white can.
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

Postby rlw49 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:27 pm

RenoBob
Thanks, that was what I was looking for. What about silicone or teflon sprays? Will definitly make sure they do release after lubricating.

Postby RenoBob » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:32 pm

rlw49 wrote:RenoBob
Thanks, that was what I was looking for. What about silicone or teflon sprays? Will definitly make sure they do release after lubricating.

I've used them before. make sure all of you lubricated surfaces are as clean as possible for dirt, grit etc. You can even go so far as to flush them out with a garden hose. Let them dry over night and lube'em up.
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

Previous