Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Hilleberg tents

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds
Climb14er

Postby Climb14er » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:56 am

SarahT wrote:
Climb14er wrote:Enjoy your Hilley and report back when the SHTF and you can relate how it performed. :wink:

We're just trying to get opinions and hear about other's experiences with various tents here, no need to be a jackass.

Hey back the fvck off with your comments Sarah. I only provided my opinion as to a single wall vs a Hilley. I did want to hear your experience with the Hilley.

Your thin skin is about the same thickness as the Hilley's wall.

Last time you'll ever receive a post from me here or on 14erworld re: beta or advice!

Postby SarahT » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:02 am

Climb14er, I'm sorry that I took your post the wrong way. I got the impression that you were more just trying to be a jerk rather than to say you were interested in hearing how the Hille performed. Internet communications often get misunderstood. I also didn't think you would be so offended by what I said. I'm sorry. Please don't stop posting your valuable info just because of some stupid misunderstanding.

Climb14er

Postby Climb14er » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:10 am

SarahT wrote:Climb14er, I'm sorry that I took your post the wrong way. I got the impression that you were more just trying to be a jerk rather than to say you were interested in hearing how the Hille performed. Internet communications often get misunderstood. I also didn't think you would be so offended by what I said. I'm sorry. Please don't stop posting your valuable info just because of some stupid misunderstanding.

You know me, have met me, have traded PM's, have given you beta from experience, you have read my posts. The last thing I was doing was to insult you.

I don't post much here, don't post much on 14erworld the last few years, but I've got a 'few' years experience on the high peaks, in the freakin winter, in the knarliest of conditions.

I just tried to offer you some first hand beta based on real world experience.

If you want a comfy tent, get the Hilley. It'll do you just fine.

If you want a mountaineering tent that will save your life, perched up high, off the avy chutes and in a position to spend a safe night/days, get a single wall.

There are no hard feelings...just trying to offer you an alternative.

Postby SarahT » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:10 pm

Crap, sorry Jerry. I had absolutely no idea this was you and never would have said what I did if I had known. I highly value your advice. Sorry again.

Postby SarahT » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:35 pm

Hey Robinmtns, thanks. The I-tent is a good tent but its just too small for two people except under extreme circumstances I think. Dominic is over 6 feet tall - its quite comical with both of us trying to do anything but sleep in that tent! Teresa plans on using it for Acon and Dominic and I are in the market for a bigger one for the 2 of us. We plan on getting a 3 person.

Hilleberg

Postby martin.m » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:56 pm

Hi,
I own a Hilleberg Jannu, and have also used the Nallo lots of times.
The Jannu has been all together a great experience. I live in Norway and has used the tent in all conditions in mountains during winter, and has no complaints about material (inner and outer), weight or zippers.
I have used the tent in all seasons, all kinds of weather and altitudes, and has just one complaint, and that is that two (of 7) of the square pegs that came with the tent has broken, this happened during winter and cause someone stepped on them. But then again, tent pegs are quite renewable. Btw. winter-pegs are easily to make from aluminium tubes bought at our local hard-wear store.
The Nallo is in material as good as the Jannu, but it has some more limitations in size. In the Jannu, cause of the construction, it is room enough for two ppl to sit inside at the same time. In the Nallo this is impossible. I've been stuck due to weather in both tents for several days and there is no question about it for me... cause of the space the Jannu is the one. Due to quite big openings for letting in air, the Jannu is also great for hiking in summertime.
Hope this was of any help, if you need more information please just ask.

-------------
When God created Norway He found it so beautiful, so to comfort those who couldn't live there, He invented the Norwegians.

Postby firsttracks » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:24 am

I'll throw another option out there, and suggest a Stephenson tent. You can't beat the weight, and it'll be perfect for conditions in the Andes.

PM me if you want more info on my experiences with it.

Previous