Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

~40% off at STP today only!

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

~40% off at STP today only!

Postby Cruiser » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:08 am

You don't have enough gear already, right?
http://www.sierratradingpost.com is doing 20% off all orders over $100 sitewide toady. Use Keycode 58907 for an extra 20% off. This deal ends at midnight mountain time tonight.

For instance Atomic AT bindings (rebadged Silveretta's I think) for $155 shipped to your front door.
OR
Garmont Dynamite AT boots for $256 shipped.

I could go on, but you get the picture. :D
Where ever you are... There you are.

Postby denalibound » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:11 pm

I was helping a buddy buy boots this weekend and we checked prices on Sierra Trading Post for several styles that he liked.

I saw your post and went back to check on the boots. The price for every pair we looked at has been increased over 20% since Sunday!

It looks like it's not all that great of a sale after all.
Last edited by denalibound on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jamienellis » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:26 pm

Thanks Cruiser! You rock!

I was able to get the same Isis down parka that I was going to buy from the REI outlet today @ $96.93 for $67.17 on STP. :D

Break time on winter climbs is going to be so much fun now!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Postby burningthebushes » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:49 pm

Buy Local or sell your soul to the corporate devil
Andy

Postby Hobopoet » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:10 pm

I just tried to place an order but that key code was not accepted!

Postby Cruiser » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:54 pm

burningthebushes wrote:Buy Local or sell your soul to the corporate devil

STP is right up the road in Cheyenne. How much more local am I supposed to be buying from?

Hobo, 58907 still works as of 6pm today. You should give it another shot.

Postby Kruck » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:24 pm

Cruiser wrote:STP is right up the road in Cheyenne. How much more local am I supposed to be buying from?

Well, I've got a sweeeeeet external frame pack I could sell ya from my local Longmont location. Kruck's Old Crap Incorporated, or KOCI (pronounced: "cocky") 8) It's only slightly battered ... I mean used.

Thanks for the code, Cruiser. Fully taken advantage of.

Postby Skip Perkins » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:27 pm

Thanks Cruiser,
New hiking shoes for me and a soft round dog bed for Boone. Hell, I should have just bought two of the round dog beds. :)

Awesome

Postby Falcon3 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:14 am

Sweet- I just picked up another pair of Mnt Hardwear Climbing Pants- I bought some this summer on another STP deal, and have been looking for more since then. They had one pair left that just showed up today, and I got them! They had some sweet deals on Lowe Alpine pants, too.

Postby cheeseburglar » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:19 am

Finally got a new winter jacket - Marmot of course!
It's all about the name.
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes

Postby burningthebushes » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:05 am

Cruiser wrote:
burningthebushes wrote:Buy Local or sell your soul to the corporate devil

STP is right up the road in Cheyenne. How much more local am I supposed to be buying from?

It aint proximity, it's ownership. STP is right in line w/ REI. These are the guys that killed my local climbing shop. Must be nice to live in the city.
Andy

Postby Cruiser » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:38 am

burningthebushes wrote:It aint proximity, it's ownership. STP is right in line w/ REI. These are the guys that killed my local climbing shop. Must be nice to live in the city.

[rant]
STP is owned by Keith Richardson and his family who founded the company in 1986. They employ over 700 Americans, most of them in Cheyenne Wyoming at their headquarters.

Just because they ship all over the country, does that make them evil? Or is it becasue they are successful, and have opened a few retail locations over the last several years? Or does it have to do with the fact they are able to offer lower prices to folks like me who don't mind buying closeouts, or seconds? Maybe it's something else that I'm missing here that makes them evil. Please enlighten me.

BTW, I don't know anything about your now defunct local climbing shop. What I do know is that STP sells a total of 40 items in their climbing section, and that includes climbing specific clothing. If a store that doesn't sell one single peice of climbing rope can successfully destroy your local climbing shop, then they may have had some more serious issues to contend with.
[/rant]

Next