Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Size 34 Boots - Help

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Size 34 Boots - Help

Postby lizzie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:02 pm

Hey there, I’m trying to gear up a girlfriend to climb vertical ice but she wears a size 34 boot. I have checked with every retailer & manufacture I can think of and can’t find a boot that small that will take a crampon. Any recommendations?
"Our life is what our thoughts make it." Marcus Aurleius

Postby Cruiser » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:10 pm

Wow! That's a small size. How does she find any adult's shoes at all? She might have to look into having some boots custom made for her. Then you're going to have to try to find crampons that aren't too wide for her boot. Maybe you could look into the Petzl crampons that permanantly mount to the bottom of a pair of boots.
Where ever you are... There you are.

Postby Duffus Kentucky Climber » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Maybe her feet will grow? :?
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!

Postby lodidodi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Just buy one of these

Postby DaveP » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:46 pm

That's funny!!!

Postby peaks2paddles » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:36 pm

Salomon makes a boot called the Revo GCS GTX that comes in your girlfriends size although it isn't for vert ice. You could put a BD contact strap crampon on it but I doubt it's stiff enough for what you want.
"Not all who wander are lost..."

Postby lizzie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:05 am

Thanks everybody :wink: I guess this is going to be a little bit more difficult than I thought!
"Our life is what our thoughts make it." Marcus Aurleius

Re: Size 34 Boots - Help

Postby coloradokevin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:53 am

lizzie wrote:Hey there, I’m trying to gear up a girlfriend to climb vertical ice but she wears a size 34 boot. I have checked with every retailer & manufacture I can think of and can’t find a boot that small that will take a crampon. Any recommendations?

Wow! that is small... Did she forget to grow toes as a child or something?

I'll second the idea that she may very well need a custom boot... Oh, and just a thought here (as my brain works in mysterious ways). If she isn't hiking in these, I wonder if she could find a child's ski boot, and modify it to fit a crampon? I mean, the boot would be stiff, which would help, but god knows if it would climb very well (of course, you can stick crampons on a lot of AT boots without troube, so... maybe?).