Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Best climbing pack?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

What is the best moutaineering/climbing pack?

Osprey
36%
North Face
2%
Arc'teryx
7%
Lowe Alpine
2%
Marmot
2%
Other
50%

Total votes : 44

Postby Holy Schist » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:11 pm

I love the GoLite Infinity Pack (L).

Did a few overnighter's this year one with the 4 year old daughter where my wife and I split her gear. However, she did carry a few items in her Barbie square pack. Also did a 3 day trip in Chicago basin with Tent, Bag, food, clothes, and jet boil. It was stretched to the gills, but it did great and still had gear loops for an axe, umbrella and trekking poles. Great for Hiking Windom while there.
Took it on Long's for the Cables route too (Since it did say climbing pack)

Postby Duffus Kentucky Climber » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:45 am

I'm with Roozers42 and vote for my Arcteryx Bora 80 for overnights. I am comfortable with a Gravity by Gregory for mild loads, but it has superfluous long straps. I use my Camelbak Transalp for day hikes. It is just big enough to encourage me to not carry more than is needed. I like the built in rain cover and have used that feature often. It really pays to have an expert pack fitter help with the choice and sizing and adjustment.
Last edited by Duffus Kentucky Climber on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!

Postby gsliva » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:43 am

http://www.gregorypacks.com/prod.php?ID=52

My favorite is the Ekko. It's easy to get into everything with the double zipper entry into the main compartment.
Live for the Climb and the search for commitment.

Postby oconnor181 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:54 am

I like GoLite packs. The Infinity is great. My brother has one. I have the Delerium which I think is a little more versatile as it has more attachment points for Skis etc. I don't think this pack is still made by GoLite though. The closest would be the Pursuit Pack. http://www.golite.com/Product/proddetail.aspx?p=PA5256&s=1

However, the most important thing is how it fits. Try all types of packs on. Buy for a good fit before everything else.

Previous