Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

New Forum Look

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Re: New Forum Look

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:21 am

I think I fixed it.

Nerd review: There was a missing SPAN close tag in the pull down (checklist links) profile menu which spazzed out IE.

I'll keep testing under various browser versions to see if I can find anything else but please don't hesitate to post in this thread if you encounter something odd.

Thanks for the help!

"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby [+] » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:43 am

Yup, works fine now - thanks Bill!

Postby mikemalick » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 am

The pop-out forum viewer also seems to be playing nicely now as well.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:48 am

Hooray!

Thinking of this problem last night must have sent me back to 1985 - I had a dream about one of my college computer science courses :-k

"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby anasarca76 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:45 am

I like it Bill! Your right its not that much different but I have had no issues with it and its not bad to change things up every now and then :)

Postby Nathan Hale » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:50 am

But the fact that it's working on IE now isn't an excuse for all those people who are still using IE not to upgrade to Firefox or Chrome! :D :)
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.

http://mtns.nathan-hale.com

Postby thetoddman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 am

Now working for me too. I like the change. Thanks. =D>

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:49 am

Bill, for my 0.000002c worth, I feel the new look has taken away the distinctive appearance of 14ers.com and has made it look like many of the other websites. It also takes some getting usd to. Sorry, but figured you'd like to have all the opinions, and honest ones.

Edit: I can now see your posts, whereas they were not visible last night.

Postby kushrocks » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:54 am

Dancesatmoonrise wrote:Bill, for my 0.000002c worth, I feel the new look has taken away the distinctive appearance of 14ers.com and has made it look like many of the other websites. It also takes some getting usd to. Sorry, but figured you'd like to have all the opinions, and honest ones.

Edit: I can now see your posts, whereas they were not visible last night.

Bill thanks for continuing to try and make 14ers.com better but I agree with Jim on this one.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby MtnClimber82 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:16 am

Dancesatmoonrise wrote:Bill, for my 0.000002c worth, I feel the new look has taken away the distinctive appearance of 14ers.com and has made it look like many of the other websites. It also takes some getting usd to. Sorry, but figured you'd like to have all the opinions, and honest ones.[/size][/i]

Bill, first, thanks for continuing to make 14ers a great site. I agree with Jim here too. I also think it is harder to read because things run together. I like the old color scheme in that each post stood out a little more.

Maybe some more colors and larger borders would help this.

Postby George James » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:31 am

I agree with the last three guys...but whatevs.

LOVE that the lists are less prominent.
- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack
~ The Baron Von Bergschrund

Postby jaypeak88 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:41 am

Hi Bill,

When you changed the forum to the new layout last night, I opted to keep the old version (ProSilver?) because I was more used to it. I went to log onto my account this morning, and while I could navigate the entire 14ers website, I couldn't get into the forum. I'm getting a message that says there is a ProSilver error.

I am posting this through an old account I used to use before I moved to Colorado. Would you be able to go into my current account (RJansen77), and change my forum settings from ProSilver to the new version? I would, but like I said I can't access the forum, and thus I don't think I can change my preferences.

Thanks so much for your help!

RJansen77 (Robert)

PreviousNext