Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

13er Checklist Changes

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Re: 13er Checklist Changes

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:37 am

I also added Google Maps links to the upper right of the checklist pages.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby gdthomas » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:56 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I also added Google Maps links to the upper right of the checklist pages.

9 I
8 I ---
number 7 I ---
of 6 I ---
14er.com 5 I ---
enhancements 4 I ---
per 3 I ---
year 2 I ---
1 I ---
0 I______________________________________
600 500 400 300 200 100 0
annual amount of snowfall in inches

Thanks for your hard work Bill. \:D/

Oh well, my graph showing an inverse relationship between the number of Bill's yearly website enhancements and annual snowfall didn't work.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Is that what that was?

Yes, I get waaay more stuff done when there's no snow. :x

Postby CarpeDM » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Don't know if this has already been suggested or not, but one thing I'd like to see is a "Route Selection" tool for the 13ers like the one for the 14ers. It would be nice if they both allowed more flexibility in selecting route difficulty, e.g., max route difficulty, instead of selecting just one at a time - but that's a quibble. Just another way for me to plan trips, especially since I have to take into consideration road difficulty.

Thanks for all you do with these sites, Bill!
"Skepticism is the first step towards truth." - Denis Diderot
"It is not what the man of science believes that distinguishes him, but how and why he believes it. His beliefs are tentative, not dogmatic; they are based on evidence, not on authority or intuition." - Bertrand Russell
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
"Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory And I ain't saying it ain't a fact. But I've heard that I'm on the road to Purgatory And I don't like the sound of that.
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly. But I choose to let the mystery be" - Iris Dement

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:13 pm

CarpeDM wrote:Don't know if this has already been suggested or not, but one thing I'd like to see is a "Route Selection" tool for the 13ers like the one for the 14ers. It would be nice if they both allowed more flexibility in selecting route difficulty, e.g., max route difficulty, instead of selecting just one at a time - but that's a quibble. Just another way for me to plan trips, especially since I have to take into consideration road difficulty.

Thanks for all you do with these sites, Bill!

That would be nice but we just don't have many routes on 13ers.com, yet. If we ever get enough routes to make that tool worthwhile, I'll add it. Good idea

Previous