Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

MOBILE Forum

Check here for updates to the forum and site.

Re: MOBILE Forum

Postby USAKeller » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:11 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Anyone have any problems using the new mobile pages?

It looks good Bill! When you quote someone on reply, it's hard to tell where the quote ends before the poster responds (versus how easily you can tell when someone quotes on the non-mobile forum), at least on my iPad. Also, I'm not seeing user avatars on threads (only in PMs), just screen names - that's correct, right?
Rise and grind. Every day.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Yup, I'll adjust the quoting a bit. And, yes, many of the profile information is discarded on the mobile interface. This makes it faster and easier to read on small devices.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
You can always browse the regular forum format on your mobile device by clicking the "Full Site" link at the bottom of mobile forum pages. AND you can switch back to mobile by then clicking the "Mobile Version" link at the bottom of mobile forum pages.

Since you're a moderator, that would also be the best way to get all of the moderator functionality while using your iPad. :)
Only SNOW will end the madness

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:48 pm

USAKeller wrote:
BillMiddlebrook wrote:Anyone have any problems using the new mobile pages?

It looks good Bill! When you quote someone on reply, it's hard to tell where the quote ends before the poster responds (versus how easily you can tell when someone quotes on the non-mobile forum), at least on my iPad. Also, I'm not seeing user avatars on threads (only in PMs), just screen names - that's correct, right?

Quoting should now look better.
Thanks!
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby USAKeller » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:33 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:IMPORTANT NOTE:
You can always browse the regular forum format on your mobile device by clicking the "Full Site" link at the bottom of mobile forum pages. AND you can switch back to mobile by then clicking the "Mobile Version" link at the bottom of mobile forum pages.

Since you're a moderator, that would also be the best way to get all of the moderator functionality while using your iPad. :)

Yeah, I figured that out shortly after your mobile version went live. Pretty neat! The quoting looks great BTW!
Rise and grind. Every day.

Postby gsliva » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:47 pm

In the topic review - Mobile Forum section the comments have about 5/8 inch of white space to the right side om my iPad. Looks great though and simply love it. I will check the time stamp when I hit submit. Test for a colr

Postby gsliva » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Meant test for color. I sure hope Apple sent you a free iPad Bill or at least to wife of bill!

Postby larkinrx2 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Bill,
love the App for the Iphone. is there a way to include the links for the weather point forcasts? and the hourly weather graph functions? i know this links out to NOAA but i cant seem to get the links to load correctly off the full site because the alternate window is off frame. can it open as a seperate search page?
thanks
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

Previous