Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14er Peak Checklists

Check here for updates to the forum and site.

Re: 14er Peak Checklists

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Bill, I really liked the little icons to the right of the peak names. It showed in one glance a lot of information, without being confusing. One could quickly see how many winter 14ers, solo hikes, etc.
Now, it appears that you have to mouse over each separate peak to get this information. Would it be possible to go back to the other way, with the info laid out? Thx.

Postby TheOtherIndian » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Dancesatmoonrise wrote:Bill, I really liked the little icons to the right of the peak names. It showed in one glance a lot of information, without being confusing. One could quickly see how many winter 14ers, solo hikes, etc.
Now, it appears that you have to mouse over each separate peak to get this information. Would it be possible to go back to the other way, with the info laid out? Thx.

There is a drop down menu at the top to select Show or Hide icons. But as Terry pointed out Bill has made the Hide icons default setting.
"There's only one thing I hate more than lying. Skim milk. Which is water that's lying about being milk" -Swanson, Ron

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 am

TheOtherIndian wrote:
Dancesatmoonrise wrote:Bill, I really liked the little icons to the right of the peak names. It showed in one glance a lot of information, without being confusing. One could quickly see how many winter 14ers, solo hikes, etc.

There is a drop down menu at the top to select Show or Hide icons. But as Terry pointed out Bill has made the Hide icons default setting.

Yes, and I'm working on adding an option to DISPLAY SETTINGS that will allow us to set an individual default for the display/hide of icons.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:47 am

After more feedback, I've changed the default to SHOW ICONS on the "by range" view. I've also added a Image link to the site Display Settings page where the default can be set for your profile.

For those using a low screen resolution, hiding the icons through Display Settings will make the content of the "by elevation" display much more narrow and easier to navigate.

Postby MountainHiker » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:39 am

Bill,

On the public view, you no longer see the “Public Information”. I used that for the date of each climb, plus a few other notes. It became easier for me to use this feature than leaf through my paper climbing log.

Thanks for all the work you are doing.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:05 am

Yup, I still have to add that back in. It was one of the items that was a bit different than the 13ers.com lists, which is what I used as template for the entire consolidation. I'll get that back there after I return from a hike today.

Thanks, Ian!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:45 am

I just added a "Calendar Winter Ascents" column to the main 14er checklist page. Clicking on the column header (icon) will re-sort the view. Look for the snowflake...

14er Checklists

And after viewing the results, I see a couple more climbers are close to completing the 14ers in winters. Nice

Postby USAKeller » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:04 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I just added a "Calendar Winter Ascents" column to the main 14er checklist page. Clicking on the column header (icon) will re-sort the view. Look for the snowflake...

14er Checklists

And after viewing the results, I see a couple more climbers are close to completing the 14ers in winters. Nice

COOL!
Rise and grind. Every day.

Postby bergsteigen » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:54 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I just added a "Calendar Winter Ascents" column to the main 14er checklist page. Clicking on the column header (icon) will re-sort the view. Look for the snowflake...
14er Checklists

Someone needs to poke sgladbach to edit his list :lol: Thanks for more motivation to get out there....
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby John Prater » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:29 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I just added a "Calendar Winter Ascents" column to the main 14er checklist page

Nice, Bill. I was hoping to see that sort feature.

One problem: the counts in that column are including peaks outside of the "58" which is inconsistent with the 14er and Ski columns.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:06 am

Fixed

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:35 am

It's now easier to move from peak-to-peak when updating "peak details" on your peak list. I've added Next/Previous peak buttons which apply your updates (if any) and moves to the next peak without returning to the list. This should make it a lot easier for those of you who want to enter a bunch of info:

Hope this helps

When I have a chance, I'll get this on the 13er list

PreviousNext