Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14ers.com Home Page changes

Check here for updates to the forum and site.

How does the 14ers.com home page work with your screen size?

I see the entire home page with the default settings
85%
I can't see the forum stuff on the right without changing the Display Settings to SMALL
15%

Total votes : 48

Re: 14ers.com Home Page changes

Postby centrifuge » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:43 pm

Works great in Safari and Firefox on my mac without having to make ay adjustments. It even looks great on my iphone when I open it to the full site. Now maybe someday adobe will build a flash version for the iphone so i ca see the flash on my iphone too... but I dont think you can do much about that ;)

It looks really nice!
"i feel so extraordinary, somethings got a hold on me, I get this feeling I'm in motion, a sudden sence of liberty“ new order

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:12 am

centrifuge wrote:Works great in Safari and Firefox on my mac without having to make ay adjustments. It even looks great on my iphone when I open it to the full site. Now maybe someday adobe will build a flash version for the iphone so i ca see the flash on my iphone too... but I dont think you can do much about that ;)

It looks really nice!

I just put a "Flash Lite 3.0" version of the SWF that contains the icons below the photos. I can't test it cuz I don't have a phone that supports Flash Lite, nor do I have Adobe Device Central CS4.

If you can see that set of icons on your iPhone, please let me know. Thanks!
Only SNOW will end the madness

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:26 am

Ahh, the heck with it. For mobile devices, I'll just have it display static images (no Flash).

I just don't have a Flash Lite-capable phone to do any testing now.

Postby Bacchus » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Hey Bill, I'm not seeing the Flash Slideshow. I'm using Google Chrome and Flash works for other sites like CNN.com. Other than that I have the buttons and the size is great. thanks Bill
"You go down the mountain on a full heart." gentleman from Tennessee
Rockchalk Jayhawk...Go KU

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Bacchus wrote:Hey Bill, I'm not seeing the Flash Slideshow. I'm using Google Chrome and Flash works for other sites like CNN.com. Other than that I have the buttons and the size is great. thanks Bill

Try clearing your Chrome browser cache and see if you then see the slideshow on 14ers.com. You may have an old SWF lingering in cache.
Please let me know if that works.

Postby AcruxHopper » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:33 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
Bacchus wrote:Hey Bill, I'm not seeing the Flash Slideshow. I'm using Google Chrome and Flash works for other sites like CNN.com. Other than that I have the buttons and the size is great. thanks Bill

Try clearing your Chrome browser cache and see if you then see the slideshow on 14ers.com. You may have an old SWF lingering in cache.

FYI, Using Safari on a Mac... I had to clear the cache to see the slideshow of the size I previously was using (Go to Safari -> Empty Cache...). Looks great now!
Pots and pans, bops and bans

Postby Bacchus » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:36 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:

Thanks Bill, that did it.
"You go down the mountain on a full heart." gentleman from Tennessee
Rockchalk Jayhawk...Go KU

Previous