Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mobile device support on 14ers.com

Check here for updates to the forum and site.

Re: Mobile phone support on 14ers.com

Postby speth » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Looks good
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.

Postby temptnmonkey » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Good day, Bill!

14ers.com was working great on the palm pixi plus (webOS). However, since you redid the homepage to tab among forum, trip report, and conditions, all three have been inaccessible on the mobile browser. I can't say for certain at what end the problem is occurring.

Cheers!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:44 am

temptnmonkey wrote:Good day, Bill!

14ers.com was working great on the palm pixi plus (webOS). However, since you redid the homepage to tab among forum, trip report, and conditions, all three have been inaccessible on the mobile browser. I can't say for certain at what end the problem is occurring.

Cheers!

When entering the home page using a mobile device, the new tabs are not used - you should see the three, stacked boxes for forum/TR/conditions. If you don't see that, let me know.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby temptnmonkey » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:36 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
temptnmonkey wrote:Good day, Bill!

Cheers!

When entering the home page using a mobile device, the new tabs are not used - you should see the three, stacked boxes for forum/TR/conditions. If you don't see that, let me know.

I just realized that I should have been clearer, my bad!

Anyway, the three "tabs" (forum, trip reports, and conditions--under recent stuff) are there in the form of separate links (vertically on the right side), and they take me to where they are supposed to. However, when I click on a recent forum thread, trip report, or condition it gives me a "Not Found" error for the requested URL (if you want me to post the actual URL that it says it is taking me to when clicking a forum thread topic, let me know). I can access the forum and threads through the "forum" link on the header at the top of the homepage, but I cant access any of the forum threads, trip reports, or condition reports under the "recent stuff" links.

I have been able to access this on my mobile before prior to the homepage change to the "recent stuff" layout but not since.

I hope this makes sense. I'm not sure if there are any others with Palm Pixi Plus (webOS) that have the same problem? It isn't exactly the biggest piece of the smartphone market share.

Thanks in advance!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:42 pm

Sounds like the mobile device code isn't picking up your device and redirecting you to the mobile version of the home page that doesn't use tabs. The tabs won't work on many mobile devices because they are using Javascript/AJAX to get data real-time without refreshing the page. I'll look into it - thanks!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Made some updates for various Palm devices, so the redirect may work for you now.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:10 pm

BTW, if anyone cares, the following link will take you to the mobile-version of the home page...

http://mobile.14ers.com

Postby temptnmonkey » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Working perfectly now, Bill.

Thanks a bunch!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

As I mentioned on the "Anrdroid" thread, I've been working to make 14ers.com pages more mobile-friendly. Well, I just rolled out a bunch of mobile changes today and think the mobile pages are looking much better. More to come...

sorry, no changes on the forum pages, yet.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:35 am

Just changed the mobile 14ers.com home page to include Trip Reports and Peak Conditions Reports, in addition to Recent Forum Topics. To change the view, click on the brown title bars.

Also, to provide easier access to other pages, I placed a "Menu" button at the top of the page. Click the button again to hide the menu.

Postby tmathews » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Just changed the mobile 14ers.com home page to include Trip Reports and Peak Conditions Reports, in addition to Recent Forum Topics. To change the view, click on the brown title bars.

Also, to provide easier access to other pages, I placed a "Menu" button at the top of the page. Click the button again to hide the menu.

Nice! I often want to view my own posts on the forum when I'm not at a computer. Any chance you can add that functionality?

Postby Doug Shaw » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:44 pm

tmathews wrote:I often want to view my own posts on the forum when I'm not at a computer. Any chance you can add that functionality?

There is an internet standard for delivery of content over carrier pigeon. I think that's the only way you're going to make this work.

PreviousNext