Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

NEW! Preview for Trip Reports

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

NEW! Preview for Trip Reports

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue May 20, 2008 10:29 am

I've had many request for a PREVIEW mode when adding a trip report and finally did something about it. Well, it's not a normal preview like previewing a forum thread before it's added, but it should do...

When adding a trip report, you now have the option to "Save and Activate" or "Save as Inactive" at the bottom of the page. If you save it as inactive, only you can see the report and it will show up on your "My Reports" page. You can keep editing/previewing the report until you click the "Save and Activate" button on the edit page. Once you do that, it's visible by all.

I hope this helps, and sorry for the delay!
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Re: NEW! Preview for Trip Reports

Postby GBguy » Tue May 20, 2008 10:42 am

Thanks Bill!! LOVE the new Avatar BTW!!
"You know, if you take everything I've ever accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into one day, it looks decent!"

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue May 20, 2008 10:47 am

Thanks! USAKeller took that on Elbert's Box Chutes. I usually climb/ski solo, so I don't have many of these.
Besides, Towelie needed a smoke break.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby GBguy » Tue May 20, 2008 10:58 am

man, those pictures got me itching to do a ski descent. i have never done one. i have all the gear except a good pair of boots - all i have right now are my alpine boots which wouldn't be very comfortable on the way up, and they are HEAVY. once i get a new pair of AT's i'll be ready to go. probably not until next year though. nothing would be better than notching another 14er and then skiing down it!!
"You know, if you take everything I've ever accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into one day, it looks decent!"