Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Calendar of Climbs area on PROFILE

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Calendar of Climbs area on PROFILE

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon May 05, 2008 1:28 pm

There is now a CALENDAR OF CLIMBS text area on your forum profile. It's on the PROFILE tab when you enter the USER CONTROL PANEL. If you want others to see your list of upcoming climbs, this is a good place for it. It isn't meant to take the place of the Group Climbing Calendar page, just a way to post the info on your profile.

Remember, anyone can see it.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: Calendar of Climbs area on PROFILE

Postby ocomik » Mon May 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Bill - What are the chances of members being able to use the Group Climbing calendar to post our climbing schedules? I may have already posted this before, so I apologize if this is redundant.

I'd like to have a calendar that I can look at that would show me who is *planning* on climbing what and when. Say for example I'm in Colorado the month of July. I'm planning on doing Quandry on Wednesday, July 9th. I go to look at the calendar and I see that my good buddy Rastro is doing Massive that same date and is looking for some people to hike with. I PM Rastro that I'm interested and *BAM* I change my plans.

The text area is great if you're looking to climb with a specific person or to see what they are doing but it doesn't assist the hiker that is looking to see in general which peaks on which days someone is climbing.

This could work nicely and go hand-in-hand with the "Climbing Connection" area.

Plus it'll keep people on the site vs. having to use another web-based calendaring program. Thoughts?

Thx
Mike
I'm a member of the Marmot Protection Society. Are you?

Site Administrator

Re: Calendar of Climbs area on PROFILE

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon May 05, 2008 3:16 pm

No problem at all! As long as people putting up their climbs are looking for partners for a group climb. If people use it to just post what they are climbing, it will become cluttered and have less value.

So, I guess my definition of a group is 2+
Only SNOW will end the madness