Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Photos uploaded to 14ers.com

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Photos uploaded to 14ers.com

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm in the process of making changes to the PHOTO UPLOAD pages on the site. I simplified the profile page within User Control Panel (UCP) where it shows how many photos you have on the site. I've also added links so you can add, delete and edit photo attributes.

If you have photos on the site, here is what the "My Photos" section of the UCP looks like now...
If you don't have any photos, it will just show the Add and Delete/Edit links.

My next task is to add more functionality to the My Photos page so you can edit photo attributes and sort your photo list by one of several columns...
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: Photos uploaded to 14ers.com

Postby Jcwhite » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Hey Bill,
You know how a site like photobucket.com automatically resizes your picture to fit in their system? Is it possible to do that here? I'm not much of a computer wiz but it would certainly simplify uploading pictures to one step. Most all of my pictures are taken in 7 megapixels or higher meaning they aren't even close to the right size. If not, cool, but if its possible that'd be awesome.
Jordan
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:59 pm

Hey Jordan,
The upload page does resize the image, but I've got a maximum "starting" photo size of 5MB right now. I'll look into changing that to 7.2mb or maybe 8mb so more people can do less re-sizing before uploading.

Bill

Postby Jcwhite » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:03 pm

Great thanks a bunch
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:14 pm

I changed the Trip Report Add/Edit pages too. They now allow uploading of 8.0megapixel (or smaller) photos.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:22 am

Using the My Photos page, you can now change the following attributes of your 14ers.com photos at any time:
    - Photo Category
    - Description
    - Date Taken
Also, the page has new sort features so you can view your photo list by (Just click on the column name to toggle between ascending and descending sorts):
    - Peak Name
    - Description
    - Date Taken
    - Date Added
These enhancements will make it easier to manage your photos and fix mistakes that may have been made during the original upload. The My Photos page can be accessed from the following locations:
    - User Control Panel (Profile Tab) in the forum
    - The "My Photos on 14ers.com" link in the "Forum" pull-down menu on the Home Page
    - Photo Upload Page which can be accessed from one of the "14er Photo Upload" pages.

Postby g-man » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:26 pm

Sweet, Thanks Bill.
Peace,
George
“He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals His thoughts to man, He who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth — the Lord God Almighty is His name.”

Getting up is easy, the hard part is getting down!

Location: Little-Town; Front Ranger During the Week, Off Piste or close to it on the Weekends

Postby mtnbikir » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:32 pm

this is a free app to download i have used for years. it will let you change size, type, etc. of files plus has a batch conversion feature. http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enhome.html poor mans photoshop (even opens .psd files) and easy to use.