Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Route Photos - Hovering

Check here for updates to the forum and site.

Re: Route Photos - Hovering

Postby Bobo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:16 pm

I'm don't want to sound like I'm complaining, just adding some data: It's been doin' that to me lately too. I have IE 7.0. Screen resolution on 1024x768. Images seem to be off-set from the pointer by 1.5 inches. By scrolling the thumbnails to just the right place on the screen I can get them to work, but it didn't used to be that difficult. :oops:

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:05 am

I'll keep looking/testing. Thanks for the input!!
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby Ineedaltitude » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:11 am

Same problem here. With the thumbnails at the bottom of the screen, the pictures are at the top, about 80% off screen. IE7 with 1024X768.

Postby Bobo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:59 am

Okay, I've been meaning to install Firefox for a while now...this seemed like a good opportunity, so I did. It solved the issue with route photos, now to troubleshoot some other recurring IE problems. Thanks kzr2fer for pushing me over the edge.
"At this point the runner might philosophize a and consider just where he or she is in the Imogene Pass Run. You've climbed 1945 ft of elevation in 5.45 mi, at an average of 356 ft./mi., 6.8% gradient. To reach Imogene Pass you must climb 3365 ft in the next 4.60 mi, at an average of 731 ft./mi., or 13.85% gradient. Your effort so far has simply been a warmup. The steep gradients of the named hills below are now less than the average gradient ahead." - IPR course description

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:17 am

I made some changes to the route page - could a few of you that had problems with the hovering photo give it another try?
Thanks!

Postby Mel McKinney » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:14 pm

I had noticed this issue too. It works fine on my computer now.

Thanks Bill!
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?
--- Belle Turnbull ("Mountain-Mad")

"Nothing is so embarrassing as watching someone do something that you said couldn't be done."
---Sam Ewing

Postby Tommy Dorr » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:12 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I made some changes to the route page - could a few of you that had problems with the hovering photo give it another try?
Thanks!

Now bill, why the hell would any of us want to help you? :wink: just kiiiidding

It works fine now. Photos are in the right spot. I tried it on 7 different routes just to be sure. Each time though, the first photo that I put my pointer over takes a bit (about five to ten seconds) to expand to full view. Every photo after that pop up instantly. As far as I'm concerned, it works.

Thanks Bill
"Try not... do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"When the Power of Love overcomes the Love for Power, then the world will Know Peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Postby CO Native » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:22 pm

Working perfect for me now as well.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:30 pm

Tommy Dorr wrote:Now bill, why the hell would any of us want to help you? :wink: just kiiiidding

It works fine now. Photos are in the right spot. I tried it on 7 different routes just to be sure. Each time though, the first photo that I put my pointer over takes a bit (about five to ten seconds) to expand to full view. Every photo after that pop up instantly. As far as I'm concerned, it works.

Thanks Bill

It takes a bit to display the first photo because it loads them all in the background before the script works properly.
Looks like my changes worked! Time for a nap.

Previous