Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14ers.com CAPS HAVE ARRIVED!

Check here for updates to the forum and site.

Re: 14ers.com CAPS HAVE ARRIVED!

Postby WishIWereinCO » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:37 am

Got mine yesterday, and they look better in person than the web pictures.

I was wearing it yesterday night and have already received two comments, (OK, they were both from my wife asking me why I needed another hat and then asking me why I was wearing it inside the house. :lol: )

Thanks Bill

Jeff

Postby DCM57 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:58 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I'm glad you like it!

You may want to wear it hiking this summer because I'm going to be giving away free Garmin GPS units to a few people I see wearing them in July. Just for the fun of it! I'll provide more details in the spring.

Got mine on Sat too.....Thanks Bill..... If I wear all three will I have a better chance?? [-o< [-o< [-o<
Remember..... a man is only a guy.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:11 pm

Of course! We just have to bump into eachother on the trail.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby Mel McKinney » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:13 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I'm glad you like it!

You may want to wear it hiking this summer because I'm going to be giving away free Garmin GPS units to a few people I see wearing them in July. Just for the fun of it! I'll provide more details in the spring.

This could turn into "Where's Bill?" or "Where in the World is Bill?" The hats look great Bill!
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?
--- Belle Turnbull ("Mountain-Mad")

"Nothing is so embarrassing as watching someone do something that you said couldn't be done."
---Sam Ewing

Postby RenoBob » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:17 pm

I got mine today. 8) It really is a quality cap, I'll wear it until it rots off. I know I'm the only one in the Tahoe Basin with one, so I'm stoked. Of course no one in the Tahoe Basin has a clue what 14ers.com is either :roll:
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

Postby JB Allen » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:08 am

Yesterday when I arrived home there were 2 packages waiting for me. As the crowd gathered around to see what was shipped in from far and exciting lands of which we can only dream, I started to open one of them. Sally asked, "What's that"? before I could open that 1st package. I said, "Can't you smell it"? She took a wiff. No? So I cut it open. It was some maroger that I had ordered from the land of Enchantment. So what's the other one Cherie asked? "This is the one I have been waiting for", I said as I cut it open. "A hat", she said. Not just any hat, an official 14er's hat! Sally had to hold it and look at the back for the inscription, "Gain the Summit".

And it does look better in person than in the photo!

It will look better on the summit of my head on the summit of a 14er this summer.

I know I have the only one in Iowa!!!

Thanks Bill...
JB Allen...

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:53 am

JB Allen wrote:Yesterday when I arrived home there were 2 packages waiting for me. As the crowd gathered around to see what was shipped in from far and exciting lands of which we can only dream, I started to open one of them. Sally asked, "What's that"? before I could open that 1st package. I said, "Can't you smell it"? She took a wiff. No? So I cut it open. It was some maroger that I had ordered from the land of Enchantment. So what's the other one Cherie asked? "This is the one I have been waiting for", I said as I cut it open. "A hat", she said. Not just any hat, an official 14er's hat! Sally had to hold it and look at the back for the inscription, "Gain the Summit".

And it does look better in person than in the photo!

It will look better on the summit of my head on the summit of a 14er this summer.

I know I have the only one in Iowa!!!

Thanks Bill...

You're welcome! BTW, I think there are 2 in Iowa! I've shipped more caps out-of-state than to CO locations - amazing.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Previous