Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climbing [again]...just wanted to say, Thanks!

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Climbing [again]...just wanted to say, Thanks!

Postby Charla aka Chulabelle » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:40 am

I know a lot of you know that I had a scare on Elbert, didn't get to do my moonlight hike up Belford, and have been dealing with a heart/lung/ breathing issue for weeks. I am happy :lol: to say that on Sunday I climbed Sherman. I picked Sherman because of its ease, knowing I might have to stop at any time. It was wonderful: I loved every breath, every step, and every view. For several weeks I thought I wasn't going to ever step foot on the top of a 14er again, but I did! Thank God, family, and friends for all your prayers and support. I love Colorado!

I took my son (who now is named "the Dauntless Kid" :P ) with me for his first 14er. He had a blast! It was a bonding experience we'll remember forever.

Highaltmama went with us and I look forward to her TR!!
Gone missing in the shrewd, sharp moon
Full and too soon
Was my fickle doom
As I crawled among its hungry womb
Charla Stilling

Postby Billygoat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:11 am

Not knowing you or what your ailment may have been, I would like to say that it's great that you have become healthy enough again to get out and enjoy the outdoors, particularly climbing mountains. Also to climb one with your son too, what a super day you must have had. I just took my son up his first one last month so I can share in your enthusiasm.
Listen to your body, it tells you when it's had enough.