Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

4 14ers in 4 hours!

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:16 pm

g wrote:Has anybody done Eolus, N. Eolus, Sunlight, and Windom in 4 hours? :shock: Then throw in Sunlight Spire in the 5th hour. :P

It took me just over a year - without the Spire!
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby Nutrition_Guy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:32 pm

So, given that there are a few "hot" threads going right now about people climbing on L/D/C/B can one of you "ole wise men" out there provide an update. Can we ever expect to see it opened again?

I was one of those people that hiked it earlier this summer, and I swear I didn't know is was closed. For real, I only found out AFTER I got back and posted a TR. There weren't signs, there was a GAZILLION people...I don't know...I guess I feel like if I knew it was off limits I wouldn't go, but how is an honost person to know? I guess I could weed through 4 billion posts to find the most current..... :roll:

so...anyone with a real update on the situation?
When your only tool is a hammer, everybody starts lookin' like a nail.

Postby dukex2x01 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:40 pm

Ha ha. Thanks for all the responses. Bill I understand that you are older then me. But I'm new to the 14ers so it is good for me that I did them in 4 hours. Now about them being closed... which they still are. As posted above there is only one sign that says a mopuntain is cloed which is at the trail head for Mt. Bross. Other then that. no signs. Now you think if someone is going top do the circuit they would start with democrat and then do the rest. If they really wanted to keep people off the Mountains they would have put a sign at the base of each trail head. And another thing! There are signs the whole way up that say PRIVATE LAND STAY ON TRAILS. obviously as long as you stay on the trails they have no problems. Thanks for all the help.
Impossible is nothing!

Postby Skip Perkins » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:43 pm

You could go through a billion posts or you could go to the post that has been on the top of the forum for a few years.

How about if the rabbits try North Maroon, Maroon Peak, and Pyramid? Hell, it's only three and you can drive most of the way up the approach from Aspen.

I took some well hydrated boy scouts up those four and we would have broken 4 hours except for all of the pee breaks. I thought I was hiking with kimmarielovescolorado.

I've been painting trim on the house all day instead of hiking so I'm in an ugly mood. Let's get some off with the gloves threads flying.

Postby dukex2x01 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:49 pm

I did read that post at the top. And you know what? It's not about my times anymore. I'm proud and happy with them weather you and your boyscouts think so or not I was infoprmed that the mountains were "closed" But that nobody cared if you climbed them as earlier stated if they wanted you off the mountains they would place warning signs at the base of every trailhead! And ,maybe on a very busy day say oneSAturday out of the summer send a Ranger up ther to stop people at the parking lot then word would really get around to stay off! Good day.
Impossible is nothing!

Postby ajkagy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:49 pm

i mean who wants to hike up a couple of slag piles that are suppose to be closed anyway? hehe :lol:

Postby Jcwhite » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:03 pm

dukex2x01 wrote:I did read that post at the top. And you know what? It's not about my times anymore. I'm proud and happy with them weather you and your boyscouts think so or not I was infoprmed that the mountains were "closed" But that nobody cared if you climbed them as earlier stated if they wanted you off the mountains they would place warning signs at the base of every trailhead! And ,maybe on a very busy day say oneSAturday out of the summer send a Ranger up ther to stop people at the parking lot then word would really get around to stay off! Good day.

You are ridiculous, I hope I didn't sound quite like you two years ago when I was your age.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Postby Jcwhite » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:06 pm

Skip Perkins wrote:How about if the rabbits try North Maroon, Maroon Peak, and Pyramid? Hell, it's only three and you can drive most of the way up the approach from Aspen.

Its in the plans Skip...wanna join?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Postby Skip Perkins » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:12 pm

JCWhite - Only if we can bike from the airport, swim across Maroon and Crater Lake and then do the peaks.
Next summer: the Bells for sure, OK!

And you have never come off as anything but a seasoned pro with great advice.

Postby Jcwhite » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:18 pm

Sounds great Skip, just let me know when you are coming. I think the most challenging part of the swimming would be A) they are both pretty shallow and B) Cold enough I can barely leave my feet in them for more than a couple minutes.

I did pyramid yesterday, and still love the area.

Postby peaks2paddles » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:11 pm

Dukex2x01... you sound like complete dufus with your reasoning for climbing peaks that any informed 14ers.com member would know are off limits. You will always have climbed closed peaks...That wont change, ever.
"Not all who wander are lost..."

Re: 4 14ers in 4 hours!

Postby Pip » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:32 pm

dukex2x01 wrote:Yeah I know what you're thinking. Not even doable. Oh yes it's not doable it's donable! lol. WE hiked up to Democrat Cameron Lincoln and Bross and started at 6:20 and summitted Bross at 10:22. I felt pretty accomplished! This is my 7th peak in 3 weekends. Thinking of doing Longs next weekend. Intense!!! Any advice?
Sunshine, Redcloud and Handies can be done in about that time. Doesn't leave much time for summit photos, though. :(

PreviousNext