Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14 14ers in 14 Days

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

14 14ers in 14 Days

Postby Devi911 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:59 am

Many thanks for the camaraderie on the trail as I set out to climb 14 14ers in 14 days. The 14er Project was met with great weather and good health - also resulting in some pretty good stories. Check out this link for photos and my "trip report" - a loose collection of thoughts and tales associated with my two-week trip hiking in the high country. I seek out formative experiences in my life, and this definitely turned out to be another. To return changed is an amazing, scary, exhilarating thing!

http://devi911.blogspot.com

erin
A fall from the third floor hurts as much as a fall from the hundredth. If i have to fall, may it be from a high place.

-paolo coelho

Postby MUni Rider » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:26 pm

That's great! Congrats. Nice Blog.
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)

Postby heather14 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:41 pm

You don't know how jealous I am!! Awesome!!
What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. - Rene Daumal

Postby pazoozoo1 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:03 pm

Your trip report was alot of fun to read. You obviously enjoyed yourself. Congratulations!

Postby summitseeker » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:05 pm

Great blog! I would agree that for me and probably many in this 14er community, those mountains are our element. I'm sure you've had quite the experience with hopefully many more to come.

Thanks for sharing :)