Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Crestone Needle Ellingwood Ledges/Arete Video Trip Report

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Kiefer

Postby Kiefer » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:59 pm

Barry Raven wrote:I love Dream Theater. I've seen them 3 times. The first time I saw them was in a small theater in downtown Ft. Worth. Petrucci blew me away live as I was 5 ft. from him. I haven't purchased the last 2 CD's though. Six Degrees disappointed me. Maybe they have come out with some better stuff since then. I have thought about buying the Budokan live DVD, should I?

Anybody like Shadow Gallery or Vanden Plas?

Not familiar with those two groups. I'll check them out though. ALWAYS looking for new music.
Only side projects I've listened to are: Explorers Club, Porcupine Tree and Liquid Tension Exp.

I'd agree with "Six Degrees...". That release took me awhile to get into. "Solitary Shell", "The Test that Stumped them all" and "Dissapear" I think are the best on that release.
"Score" is pretty good for a live release, good call climber16.

Take a look at "Train of Thought". Came out I believe after "Six Degrees..." It's probably the hardest release they have (save for "Awake"). There are 4 tracks on that release that are unbelievable!!
1.) In the Name of God (worth the price alone)
2.) Endless Sacrafice
3.) As I am
4.) Stream of Consciousness (worth the price alone)

"Octavarium" is a bit different. Not one of my favs. but the title track, same title, (24:00) has alot of time sig. changes and varied in styles.

Postby gc » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:11 am

So what was your round trip time? Some friends and I are talking about doing that route within 1-2 years.

Previous