Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Unicycle rider

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Unicycle rider

Postby Billygoat » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:02 am

I was hiking back down the trail on Lookout Mountain with my two kids last Tuesday and just about to cross over the road to pick up the trail on the other side when low and behold along comes a guy riding a unicycle up the road. My first reaction was to clap my hands as he rode by us and between all his puffing and panting he managed to let out a smile. I've seen a lot of people riding bikes up that road but this one takes the cake! =D>
Listen to your body, it tells you when it's had enough.

Re: Unicycle rider

Postby tshesky » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:12 pm

Billygoat wrote: and between all his puffing and panting he managed to let out a smile. I've seen a lot of people riding bikes up that road but this one takes the cake! =D>

Sounds like he listened to his body and said, "Shut up!" and kept going. :wink:

Cool story. Thanks!
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

Postby Brent D » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:22 pm

billygoat, I think I'd do the same thing, and clap! :D Have a look at this guys pages. Wow, talk about crazy! He's got some cool reports and images on there though. Wish I had the skills for that stuff!

Unicycle...

Postby turbocat » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:41 pm

I have had the same experience. Last year I was doing lots of trail running at Halls Ranch in Lyons and there were 2 guys taking off on mountain unicycle up Bitterroot. I stood aside in awe and just said "right on" out loud. Very hardcore. I imagine coming downhill must be scary.
Less cowbell...more CAIRN!

Postby tmahon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:44 pm

Postby Billygoat » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:23 pm

Yeah, I agree, good comments and links. By the way, you're right about the ride down being scary, that's exactly what I was thinking. I tried riding one of those things once on flat ground..............it was like I was on a suicide mission! :)
Listen to your body, it tells you when it's had enough.