Good News! Mountain Biker Found Alive Today!

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
IHikeLikeAGirl
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 329
Trip Reports (6)

Good News! Mountain Biker Found Alive Today!

Post by IHikeLikeAGirl »

Not mountaineering, but thought we could all use a positive outcome to a missing outdoor enthusiast....

A coworker told me this morning that a dear friend of his was missing since Sunday. A cyclist went on a 40 mi bike ride Sunday up Old Stage Road (between Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek) and onto connecting trails, but never returned home. Her husband, fellow mountain bikers, the police, and SAR from El Paso County and Teller County went searching for her and they found her alive today! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Do not know the details, but heard she had a rough time and should be fine.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/Auth ... 88381.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you Mtgirl for texting me that she was found!

I know her husband is a climber and member on this site, and I will respect his privacy. Just wanted to say how fantastic that is to hear that she was found alive and going to be ok!

Thank you SAR, volunteers, and police for your diligent search that saved her.
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."
- Steven Wright
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Good News! Mountain Biker Found Alive Today!

Post by Hungry Jack »

Good news for a change.
GregMiller
14ers: 37  4  1 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (5)

Post by GregMiller »

Very glad to hear some good news finally!
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

So happy this story had a positive ending and that Alicia was found alive. Stories like this hit home for me. Alicia and I have competed in some of the same mountain bike races, and I've biked that same area as a solo female. Kudos to her for keeping her wits about her, even with a head injury. Wishing her a speedy recovery !
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
dillonsarnelli
14ers: 58  19 
13ers: 274 8
Trip Reports (53)

Post by dillonsarnelli »

Excellent