Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

MonGoose Finisher Roast

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Re: MonGoose Finisher Roast

Postby thePhoenix » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:04 pm

MountainHiker wrote:His name is Mongoose, but it looked like Meerkats on that truck driver hat he was wearing! I'm glad he wasn't going commando. I was hiking behind him for awhile!
But seriously, congratulations. Well done. The snow seemed to legitimize it! =D>

Yeah, what was up with that hat? I heard his girlfriend got it for him. If he can't even find a gal that can tell the difference between a meerkat and a mongoose - completely different genus - how in the world did he finish the CO 14ers?!?!

Honestly though, congrats to both of you on this accomplishment. I was happy to be a part of this group.

Postby geojed » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:18 pm

I question the fact that he climbed all 58 14ers! I say this because King Soopers only features the Bells on its shoppers card, what did he use for route beta on the other 56? :-"
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (160.65 KiB) Viewed 762 times

Postby Dave B » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Dave B wrote:I'm f***ing confused.

I've been undiscombobulated (recombobulated?), thanks, Fisching.

Congratulations, Mongoose!

Thank you for not making us look at pasty man flesh again like last winter...

Unless that is upcoming, in that case, you suck.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby dillonsarnelli » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:04 pm

THE MONGOOSE is all grows up… !!!

Let’s take one more bad trip down memory lane. Kids, don’t try this at home. THE GiaMONGOOSEoutsos “special” sled… It looks like a good idea, but really it’s the worst idea …. EVER!!! Look at your sled. ANTISLED.

Nick (if I may) - Congrats on your accomplishment man. It’s a BIG DEAL. Glad I could share a few summits with you as well. You done good my friend…. HOWEVER, your funky psychedelic grunge filtered pics still scare the sh#t out of me :-D … AND there are always 5 O’s in BOOOOOM, haha.

Marcia – I guess this is The Mongoose thread, so I’ll just finish with a super quick shout your way ----> when is the finisher tailgate (maybe?) and WE ARE! You rock!

Oh, and if either of you are looking for a new hobby, I know this goofy italian guy who’s working on all of the peaks in THE PARK.

what not to do on a 14er.jpg
what not to do on a 14er.jpg (56.52 KiB) Viewed 663 times

Postby marciamallow » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Nick-
I can't roast you because you are just too nice! Thank you for waiting for me to catch up to do a joint finisher. I really enjoyed planning it and we were always on the same page. Thanks also for always being so nice to me at the HH's, even if you do introduce yourself as Mongoose. Yeah, I thought that was a little weird :wink: I hope to hike with you again soon!
Marcia

Postby Dan_Suitor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:46 pm

What does Roasted MonGoose taste like? My guess is that it is similar to Marmot, but maybe a little tougher. :xST :lol:

Postby Rock-a-Fella » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:47 pm

MonGoose,
My bad; I missed what was going on here (short of harassing you like only good buddies can)
Congrats ! Maybe we'll cross paths soon for beer! (On me of course) =D>

Postby sunny1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Congrats on finishing the 14ers Mongoose style! (wait, what is Mongoose style?)
Feels great to finish, huh? Well done.
Cheers! :-D
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.

Postby JenGa » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Congratulations to MonGoose! We met on Blanca Peak in August of this year, there was filming some kind of video with Speth. Seriously, great summit day and congratulations to surviving the summit, and even more dangerous, the gunfire at Lake Como :)

-Jen

Postby speth » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:13 pm

My favorites from Nick:

MonGoose wrote:I've got a bunch of s**t I need to carry for this overnight trip - check it out guys, I've never used this setup before, but this sled is going to be awesome!

MonGoose wrote:Are you kidding me... Are those guys going to be shooting guns all day? I better sneak up on them through the woods and see what they're up to. (I could be exaggerating on this one...)

MonGoose wrote:They were biting on every cast! I swear; I caught 8 fish while you were taking a nap. They aren't biting now, though...

MonGoose wrote:Speth, your dance moves are incredible! I'm not sure how this all worked out - George Balanchine, Fred Astaire, Michael Jackson... How did they all learn and steal your fantastic, practiced and inspiring dance skills?!?! Someday, I hope I'm as cool as you. You're my all time dance hero, and I hope they put your picture holding the American flag on a box of Wheaties someday. I bow down to your mastery of the Dancing Sciences.

Congrats on finishing, buddy. Y'all ready for this? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Ninja Edit:
MonGoose wrote:I love your avatar, Speth!
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby Johnson » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 am

Adequately done Mongoose....
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby Kitten » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:53 pm

Congratulations MonGoose!!
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda, Star Wars.

PreviousNext