Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Finally finished

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Postby SarahT » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:38 am

Thanks glodder!

Postby JimR » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:06 am

Congrats to you both, Jordan & Sarah. & best wishes for a long accumulation of further accomplishments (& fun) in the mountains.

Postby cftbq » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:36 am

Well, as an "old guy" who has been working on fourteeners for 30 years, and with only one winter climb, I can only drool--and wish somebody had started me on this path before I was 26, which is when I actually did start. Good goin'.
I have been to the mountaintop, and I have seen the force
and the power that animates the universe. That may not
match up with your anthropomorphic or teleological idea of
what "god" is, but it's good enough for me.

Postby CorduroyCalves » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:10 am

Ersybhu wrote:That's awesome! Congratulations! It makes me feel like a sissy for looking at Bross this morning and coming home though....

You made a good choice, considering it's still closed. . . :wink:

Anyway, congrats to the both of you.

Postby Jcwhite » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:33 am

thanks guys, and as far as the plaque goes, i know nothing about that
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Postby Jim Davies » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:14 pm

Jcwhite wrote:thanks guys, and as far as the plaque goes, i know nothing about that

Actually it's a plastic trophy. :D

Belated congratulations for finishing. Just in time, since it's now winter conditions; Pyramid would be much tougher at this point!
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of white blood cells.

Re: Dream realized

Postby Jon Frohlich » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:34 pm

Lyssah wrote:[b]
I've heard the organization that sponsers the registries on the summits send you a plaque upon completion of all the mountains they consider fourteeners....is this true??

The organization you're thinking of is the Colorado Mountain Club. At most if you are a CMC member (and even if you aren't?) they will add your name to the list of reported finishers. The people that reported completing the 14ers each year are printed in an issue of the Trail&Timberline magazine that members receive.

Basically completing the 14ers is a personal achievement. There's no glory, plaque, or trophy at the end.

yes

Postby Lyssah » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:05 pm

Yes I realize that. However there was a rumor that the few people who completed this monumental task were honored in some way above and beyond their own personal satisfaction. Now I know this to be false. Thankyou for your clarification.

Postby catfish hank » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:37 pm

Nice work Jordan. After you give your boots time to breathe go get em bronzed. Theres your trophy.

Postby Aubrey » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:44 pm

CONGRATULATIONS to both of you, Jcwhite and SarahT! Awesome job.

To add, you both contribute immensely to this site, and I just wanted you to know that it's appreciated. And I'm sure I speak for many when I say that.

Be sure to savor the accomplishment that very few experience ... and then climb on, climbers!

-Aubrey

p.s., I also hope to be in your shoes -- er, boots -- one day.

Postby zacob » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:07 pm

Way to go!!! Glad to hear you accomplished your goal this year.

I must echo the sentiments of JHass below though at first I didn't wish to vocalize it. As a Father myself, I can promise you that your father is proud, and drifting through all the memories of times and summits that he shared with you and smiling.
Last edited by zacob on Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jhaas » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:17 pm

JC you were one of ,if not the first, to assist me when I found this site. Congratulation and I know your dad would be proud of you just like all of us who have read your posts are.When you start the 13 teeners i would love to climb one if not more with you.

PreviousNext