Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Finally finished

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Postby Jcwhite » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:07 pm

Thank you all....
And Zacob..we have some winter trips to plan.

Jhaas...Lets do some 13ers.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Postby zacob » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:12 pm

JC. Here is to hoping, I will be trying something in November I hope. I am done Coaching football so I finally have some time to think about climbing again. however I seem to have suffered a set back in my knee rehad not sure how it is going to respond to 14ers. I used to run around 10-20 miles a week now I can manage around 45 minutes two to three times a week on a cardio glide... :twisted: I will let you know soon glad you didn't forget me

Postby Scott P » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:42 am

I would be interested in joining you guys in winter.

Postby Jcwhite » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:49 am

Scott Patterson wrote:

I was hoping so.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Postby zacob » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:29 am

Jcwhite wrote:
Scott Patterson wrote:

I was hoping so.

Oh great with both of you then I would have to say Knee be Damned I'll climb. I know Scott is enough of haus to drag my sorry butt back home if I have to end up cutting my knee off :lol:

Postby Scott P » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:45 am

I know Scott is enough of haus to drag my sorry butt back home if I have to end up cutting my knee off

Don't believe everything you may hear. :wink:

In reality, I am rather slow (compared to many others), weigh 230, have a posture defect (which can make it uncomfortable to carry a big pack at times), extremely flat feet-severe pes lanus (which makes wearing mountaineering boots painful at times), and (minor) asthma. PS, I'm not kidding to any of the above. :wink: Most of the time I do fine, but don't expect me to be the fasted climber in any bunch. :wink:

Postby zacob » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:47 am

not relying on your speed man....I am relying on your brute strength to drag me across the snow back to the car :lol:

Postby cbauer10 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:06 am

Jordan,

I have been out of it for about a week and just noticed this thread. Congrats man!!! Did your mom accompany you on all of the ones your dad had missed? I think that was the neatest thing you and her were doing in his memory. I wish I had the speed that you do. I would probably be done by now too if I was that fast.

Sarah,

Congrats to you as well!!!

Postby Jcwhite » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:16 am

No she didn't come on all of them, but she still has plenty of time.
J

Postby Duffus Kentucky Climber » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:33 am

WAY TO GO JORDAN!!!!!

I did my first 14er at age 45 and if I can get one a year will be done before I am 100.

I like your plan better.

dkc
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!

Postby jaywc7 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:53 pm

I just finished registering my account here. I began to browse through, when I spotted this topic. Definately a congratulations!!! I was looking for something initially to inspire me, as I begin my own goals. Reading your accomplishment and sensing your enthusiasm has givien me just that. Thank you!
josh

Previous