Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Daddy's got a belly....

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Re: Daddy's got a belly....

Postby Floyd » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Nice Steve. I hope to have some similar pictures with my little girl in the near future.
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason

Postby cwm191 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm in the same boat as tuba, except she is 13 months old. In another decade, hopefully my daughter will love the outdoors as much as yours does.
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain. - Friedrich Schiller

The problem with quotes on the internet is there is no way to verify their accuracy. - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Sweet picture!

Postby sgladbach » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:25 pm

I posted because I thought those photos of her were beautiful. I'm most proud that she is kind to others, works hard, and treats herself with repsect.

However, when your the daddy, those gorgeous smiles, pretty face, and rosy cheeks set against the mountains make your eyes well. I'm really not trying to pressure her into becoming a climber and she's not totally sold. She loves to hike to a Sangre de Christo lake and hang out/ fish for a couple days. Blanca/ Ellingwood was a big step in commitment for her; she did great and really enjoyed the day.

She really just likes spending a few days un-interrupted days with Daddy. Somehow, that seems to require going to the mountains!

Lonestar: Those two boys we hiked up Humbolt were blown away! They took hundreds of photos and were very proud of their accomplishment. When we hit the Humbolt saddle and could see the 360 view from Marble to Crestones, KC, Adams, Pikes, and Greenhorn, one of them blurted out (in front of his summer school teacher), "This is better than getting high!" I explained this is the high upon which people drew to find a way to express the other. The original is always best!
Last edited by sgladbach on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?

Postby globreal » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:17 pm

I was moved by the two of you holding hands on Bross, Cameron, and Lincoln.

You are a good daddy, Steve. =D>
Attachments
HPIM7025_edited.jpg
HPIM7025_edited.jpg (154.06 KiB) Viewed 709 times
HPIM7039_edited.jpg
HPIM7039_edited.jpg (141.59 KiB) Viewed 710 times
HPIM7042_edited.jpg
HPIM7042_edited.jpg (91.53 KiB) Viewed 711 times
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby mtgirl » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Great pictures Britt......they make me tear up and I wasn't even there. Shows such a strong bond between father and daughter. Amazing how one picture can say so much about the character of both people.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

Postby Zenyatta » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:33 pm

"A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart."

Your beautiful, touching photos made my heart soar! What wonderful memories you are creating together.

Previous