Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Another 14ers Finisher - Wyo_MtnMan!

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Postby AzScott » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:41 am

Thanks doumall,

The Aeolus group, I think, was the best group of 14ers I've been on. A perfect way to finish them for sure. Capitol and the Crestones were nice, but the Aeolus group is just on a plane of its own - highly recommended! Which were your favorites?

Postby krisp » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:48 am

WOOOOOOYEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Congatulations!!
Hey, is there an "official" list of everyone who's done 'em all?
If there is, do you know your number on the list?
It can't be that long, yet.

Postby cbauer10 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:09 pm

Congrats man!!! I had the pleasure meeting you on Culebra earlier this summer. How many years did it take you? I hope to get there someday, but I am taking my sweet time. Again Congrats!!!

Postby AzScott » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:22 pm

Thanks again everybody!

I have no idea if there is an official list of 14er finishers. I'm fairly sure the CMC keeps a list, but since I'm not a CMC member, it probably won't get recorded anywhere unless I tell them. It would be interesting to know how many have done it, but since recording ascents is strictly voluntary, I have no idea how anyone could keep track.

cbauer10, it took me 6 years to do it. I started out at age 16 and really old hand-me-down gear. I took my time through it, mainly because it was a major trip getting to Colorado, and it was tough getting people to go with me for awhile! You'll get there man, just remember that there is no rush. Soak it in...and *hint, hint* if you get the chance, close it out with the Aeolus group!

Postby cbauer10 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:24 pm

That sounds like a plan. I have dreamt about that train ride and awesome backpacking trip to do the Aeolus group for many years now. I have been at it for five years and I am not even half done, so in my book six years is pretty good.

Postby swturner » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:54 pm

Congrats Wyo MtnMan! I got to do Culebra with you and have dinner at a fine Mexican restaurant the night before. If you didn't have to make a detour to get some cash we could've crashed that dance and really tore that town up! (what town there was!) It's nice too see someone bag all of them. It gives me hope at my old age. (only 41 more to go!!) It's a good thing you finished quick or TalusMonkey would've caught your ass!

Scott
"It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive."--Bruce Springsteen

Postby SarahT » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:43 pm

Nice job, Wyo_MtnMan! What a great place to finish up the 14ers! Totally cool that your girlfriend and mom could be there with you for that. It was a pleasure climbing Culebra & Red with you. Best of luck in AZ.

Postby husker01 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:57 pm

Congrats, Wyn MtnMan!
Even though I only climbed Culebra with you it was good drinking beers the night before. Good luck in Arizona.

Congrats finishing your 14ers'

Postby dzeroski » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:19 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I finish my 14 ers on 7-29-06 with Eolus
Windom 3hrs 5:20 to 8:20 a.m.
Sunlight 1:17 8:40 to 9:57
Eolus 1:30 from Twins LAKES 11:15- 12;45
Thunderstorms chase me down off the summit
We were the group of 4 getting on the train the same time as you on Sunday 11:35 a.m.
You was the group almost got hit by the train taking the picture
dan zeroski
stillwater, oklahoma

Postby TalusMonkey » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:14 pm

Dan,

Yeah, we were the ones taking the photo with the train slowing for the Needleton whistle stop. We were pretty close to the train, but we had a couple of feet of clearance. :)

You were lucky to get Aeolus before the storms came in on Saturday afternoon. That thunderstorm would have been bad if you were still on the summit.

Did the storms chase you off of Aeolus before you got N. Aeolus? I thought you did not have N. Aeolus checked off in your list this morning. Your list of times does not indicate your summit time on N. Aeolus.
"When hiking in bear country one doesn't need to be the fastest runner in the party - just not the slowest."

Postby Aubrey » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:39 pm

Scott, super congratulations, my friend. And regardless of how "common" this feat may seem while hanging out in these circles, your accomplishment is one of monumental value. Not only because of what you climbed, but because of the time you dedicated on great, Colorado peaks. Most people only devote a glance, if at all. And how cool was it that family and friends were there to celebrate it with you. Regardless of the finish peak you choose, we could all be so lucky ...

I hope you don't forget all of us now. Don't become a stranger.

Good luck to you ... and keep climbing!
-Aubrey

Postby roozers42 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:11 am

Scott,

Many congrats on your accomplishment. I truly admire your respect for the mountains and was honored to be there with you on your last peak. I'll e-mail the aeolus-pose to you!

Jen and Scott

PreviousNext