Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Another 14ers Finisher - Wyo_MtnMan!

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Another 14ers Finisher - Wyo_MtnMan!

Postby TalusMonkey » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:52 am

On July 28 Wyo_MtnMan (Scott) summited Mount Aeolus (also called Eolus) to complete the 53 ranked 14ers. CODave, TalusMonkey, Roozers42, Scott, Richard, Tanya (Wyo_MtnMan's girlfriend) and Mrs. Kelly (Wyo's mother) were all there to celebrate the moment with Scott.

Congratulations Wyo_MtnMan!

On the summit of Mt. Aeolus (from left: CODave (Dave), Wyo_MtnMan (Scott), Mrs. Kelly, Tanya, Roozers42 (Jen), TalusMonkey (David), Scott):

The Aeolus survey marker:

Scott, we were all very happy to be there for your triumphant finish. The trip to Chicago Basin was an awesome backpacking/summiting trip for all of us. I, personally, look forward to hiking with you again soon - Humphreys Peak, AZ; Mt. Rainier, WA and Mt. Hood, OR, and Guadalupe Mountains National Park, at the least!

Scott completed the Colorado 14ers without ever residing in Colorado. Wyo_MtnMan is heading to Tempe, AZ to pursue graduate studies in geography this Fall.

Good luck to you, hiking buddy!
Last edited by TalusMonkey on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"When hiking in bear country one doesn't need to be the fastest runner in the party - just not the slowest."

Kiefer

Postby Kiefer » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:55 am

Sweet! Congratulations Scott! I hope TalusMonkey at least gave you a swig of his Colt! =D>

Postby paully » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:17 am

Nice work Scott!

Congratulations on a great achievement!

Postby CODave » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:22 am

Congrats Scott!

It's been great hiking with you and can't wait to get up somewhere again.

Postby Chicago Transplant » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:33 am

Congratulations! 8)

Good luck in Arizona, come back and visit us sometime!

Postby AzScott » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:42 am

Thanks a lot guys!

CODave and TalusMonkey - thanks for all the awesome 14er trips this summer - I won't soon forget them! You guys are an absolute blast to hike with and I'm definitely looking forward to more of our hijinks in the future :D Thanks too, to roozers42 and Scott for coming along on the trip - it was a heck of a way to go out!

Keep an eye on TalusMonkey, too. He's knocking on the door of 14er completion and should be done within a month, if I'm not mistaken. Wish I could be there, man. I'll be thinking of you guys when it's 110 degrees in Phoenix :wink:

Postby Bogie21 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:54 am

Congrats!!!!

Postby JasonF » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:21 am

Congratulations!! I am a bit disappointed though - that's a pretty sweet 'stache on your avatar. I was wondering if that was actually you...

Good luck in your future endeavors :D
solvitur ambulando - it has been solved
"From the rising of the sun to the going down of the same, the name of the Lord shall be praised." Ps. 113:3
"For the things which are seen are temporary but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2Cor 4:18

Postby popecf » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:32 am

Congrats, that is a remarkable achievement!

The guy on the avatar is Borat from Kazakhastan. His other alias is the more well known Ali G.
"Wilderness is a place where the imprint of humans is substantially unnoticeable, where natural processes are the primary influencers and human activity is limited to primitive recreation and minimum tools."

Postby Matt » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:23 am

Way to go, Scott. Getting all the 14ers without living in CO is a real challenge I'm living myself. It's just taking me a lot longer than you...
Have a blast in AZ; there's plenty of great hiking there, too.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby AzScott » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:33 am

Thanks, del_sur!

At least you're in Farmington now, which is right at the doorstep of the San Juans! Hope the new job is treating you well and I'll let you know if I'm ever heading up that way.

Scott

P.S. Impressive, popecf - you're the only one who knew that was Borat! Kudos

Postby doumall » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:41 am

Nice work MntMan, way to get after it! Now what are you going to do??? Ending on the Eolus group was a good choice. Do you have a favorite?

Enjoy Grad school in Arizona!

Next