Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Return to Everest

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Return to Everest

Postby tmathews » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Kind of in the same vein as hacksaw's post, I just read this interesting piece about Neal Beidleman's planned return to Mt. Everest. The article also features commentary from Ed Viesturs and Chris Davenport. I hope he finds success!

Finally Ready to Confront Everest After Fatal Climb of ’96

Re: Return to Everest

Postby imtheguy247 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:35 am

I wish him well! I had just looked at the Summit success ratio this year for Everest, and it is fairly high. I hope he make's it up and down safely!

Postby 3rdwoozie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:07 am

Although not on the Everest stage scale, I too always want to go back. Back to that mountain that turned me away somehow. To prove to myself that I can achieve things that I question if they are possible in my own mind. So as to Neal, I understand.
"The way a man does one thing, is how he does everything!" Zen proverb

Postby kaiman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:15 am

Thanks for the link to that article Terry. Hopefully Neil can put some things behind him and head into the future without looking back...
"I want to keep the mountains clean of racism, religion and politics. In the mountains this should play no role."

- Joe Stettner

"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end."

- Edward Whymper