Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Are you a Colorado native (doesn't apply for Josh)?

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Re: Are you a Colorado native (doesn't apply for Josh)?

Postby Brian Thomas » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:23 pm

All my life in Ohio: Akron--> Columbus--> Cincinnati--> Cleveland until moving here December 2009

Postby HOCKEYFAN » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:35 pm

3rd generation 'Native". Born in Wheatridge and grew up in Lakewood. My Grandfather had silver mine in Idaho Springs.

Postby Smilin Joe » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Native?= No
Resident?= No
Colorado lover?= Yes! I fell in love with Colorado on my first visit in '75. Born and raised in WV, have traveled to CO. many times since.
Life's a journey, not a destination.....slow down and enjoy the trip!

Postby SandstoneSmitty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Native?= No
Resident?= No
Colorado lover?= Yes! I fell in love with Colorado on my first visit in '69 when my uncle move to Winter Park. Love me some Mary Jane!
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." G.C.
Those who climb 14ers are considered insane by those who can't hear the music. Me

Postby LuLuLuv » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Born in Denver a number of years ago (won't go there), raised in Arvada.

Postby Jim Davies » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:58 pm

I was born in upstate New York, grew up mostly in California and Illinois, and moved here 20 years ago. My kids were 1 and 4 when we moved here, so they might as well be natives.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby mountainmicah83 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Native? Nope. Wasn't born here

But... My grandma's family were original settlers in the north end of South park. The Baker Family. They would send fresh trout and animal meet on the trains back to Denver. Apparently they killed the last wild Buffalo as requested by the Colorado State Govenor and now it is in the Denver Museum for Natural History. I had the priviledge of going to see the homestead last year.

I sure do love this state though.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

Visit my blog at: http://mountainmicah.blogspot.com

Postby havedogwilltravel05 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Not a native but have lived here over half my life. I was born in Germany and lived in Japan (military bases) until we moved here when I was in junior high. Since becoming an adult and having a choice of where I live, it's been a happy and easy decision to make to not leave this beautiful state!

Postby timberlinecolorado56 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:33 pm

I am so blessed to have been born and raised in this wonderful state! Lived in Fort Collins my entire life. Couldn't even leave the Colorado mountains for college! I've been to 47of the 50 states and all are beutiful in their own right and I have great memories from each of them, but for me, nothing compares to Colorado. I am humbly grateful to be able to enjoy the beauty of God's creation daily!
All creation declares the beauty and majesty of the Lord God Almighty.

"In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him... come let us bow down in worship... for he is our God." Psalm 95:5-7

Postby Don Eberl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm a proud native Born in Denver, raised in Broomfield. Lived away for fifteen years all over the midwest until I decided to come home. So glad to be back.
Some of it's majic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way.

Jimmy Buffett

Postby Alpine » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Nope, but getting closer every year.

So far I am 42/48ths native; once I pass the 90% mark maybe I can be an honorary native :lol:

I thought there were more Michigan natives like me on this forum - maybe they just haven't chimed in? Anyway I definitely am more Coloradoan than Michigander? (Are those even words?)
"You know I've always loved you...and you know I always will." Third Day

Postby GerryRigged » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Glacier Paul,

Thanks for the history. I have often wondered how the lakes got such different names being so close to one another. I can only imagine how determined one would have to be to create a lake at 1200 feet and Caroline is even higher. I have been visiting that area since the late sixties and have always considered it one of my favorite places on earth. I love to stand on the dam of Steuart and look out across to Mt Evans.

Gerry

PreviousNext