Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Are you a Colorado native (doesn't apply for Josh)?

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Re: Are you a Colorado native (doesn't apply for Josh)?

Postby tmathews » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:22 pm

bjohnson17 wrote:I guess one has to define "pride" or "proud" and in what sense. I can't be filled with a boastful pride over something I had no control over (where I was born, color of my hair, etc). I can be thankful or humbled by certain things but in what sense can I be proud? Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

So... are you a native, Barry?? :wink:

Postby GerryRigged » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:29 pm

I was born in Ft Collins. Lived in Florida for a couple years and North Carolina when in the Army.
I plan to die here although I drove through Victor Idaho a couple weeks ago and it's a nice little town with great fishing and skiing. :?

Postby tmathews » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:32 pm

GerryRigged wrote:I plan to die here

I'm not planning to leave anytime soon, so I hope everyone here will remember that I want my ashes scattered off of Crestone Needle. :wink:

Postby Johnson » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:37 pm

tmathews wrote:
bjohnson17 wrote:I guess one has to define "pride" or "proud" and in what sense. I can't be filled with a boastful pride over something I had no control over (where I was born, color of my hair, etc). I can be thankful or humbled by certain things but in what sense can I be proud? Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

So... are you a native, Barry?? :wink:

Ah... no..... But so far Colorado is about the best place I've lived! My sister moved out here from South Dakota in '75 and I used to visit all the time from junior high through college and beyond. I always thought I would like to live here or California. I was born in South Dakota and have lived in Arizona, California, Nevada, Florida, Georgia, and Virginia. Right now, here is good! My thanks to so many here on this site for helping me feel at home. I'm proud to have to good sense to have moved here! :lol:
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby tmathews » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:39 pm

bjohnson17 wrote:I'm proud to have to good sense to have moved here! :lol:

Sweet. :mrgreen:

Postby Two Headed Boy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Born in California in 72 and moved to Colorado in 76. Then I moved to Nebraska 2 years ago...OUCH!!! Bit of a lifestyle adjustment, I will be moving back to Colorado within the next 2 years.

Postby GerryRigged » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:52 pm

My daughter has instructions to scatter my ashes over Stuart lake above Loc Lomund which is below the summit of James Peak.

Postby Ridge runner » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Born and lived in Indiana for 27 years. Came out here in 2007 and will be here another year until I finish school. As much as I love it in Colorado, I don't intend to stay here my whole life. I'd love to live in the Pacific North West, AK, MT, UT, WY, or go international (Ireland, Iceland, Peru, New Zealand, Middle East, Norway, India, South Africa, Mongolia...and so on...). I've got the personality that I don't like to stay in one place for a long time- there's just too much out there I want to see and experience. Thankfully my degree should allow me to be able to travel and work in all these places! And I'm super lucky to have a bf that loves to travel.

Postby tmathews » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Ridge runner wrote:I've got the personality that I don't like to stay in one place for a long time-

That kinda makes me sad, Steph. :(

But I'm glad you have a lot of options open to you. :)

Postby DurangoJenn » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Born in Portland, OR (lived there all of 6 months), grew up in the Bay area near the SF airport, but the mountains are home. Been in Durango for 16 years and love it.

Postby Wundermarmot » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:26 pm

Born in Tennessee where I acquired my love for the hills. Have lived in Pa., Va., Md., N.C., Ca., Ks., & Fl., but my heart has been in Colorado since 1970! Finally moved here in 2007 and will remain until this life is over and beyond....Summited Ellingwood Point 9-2-2010 via s.w. ridge for my first 14er and am still in awe! The infamous Lake Como rd is less than a half hour from my front porch so it was inevitable that I would begin my 14er quest there. This site has been an invaluable source of info that I hope to put to good use as I prepare to complete other summits in the future. I love these mountains!

Postby Mountainspirit » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Here's a question for our forum members (hope it doesn't get too political) . . .

I conceived my son here in Colorado (Estes), yet he was born in Chicago.

Is he considered a Colorado native?
"I sang out from a mountain top, out to the valley down below
Because my cup doth overflow
With the beauty of the days gone by." - Van Morrison

PreviousNext