Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Are you a Colorado native (doesn't apply for Josh)?

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Re: Are you a Colorado native (doesn't apply for Josh)?

Postby kushrocks » Thu May 05, 2011 1:50 pm

San Francisco as much as I hate to admit it and I have no desire to live there or anywhere in California ever again. I went to college for 5 years in North Dakota and then lived in Minnesota after that for two years. Loved the midwest and the people but hated the winters and missed the mountains so I moved out here without knowing hardly anyone. Forced my heavy ass up one 14er each of the first two summers I lived here just to say I did one. After loosing 30lbs before last summer being so much lighter I feel in love with the 14ers and knocked off 8 more. Hopefully someday I will finish them all.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby elkheart22 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:10 am

Yep, Native.
4th Generation.
Lakes below the mountains
Flow into the sea
Like oils applied to canvas,
They permeate through me. --- Jimmy Buffett

Postby Craig Cook » Wed May 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri.

My wife and I are heading to Colorado Springs June 20 to look for a place to live. If everything goes according to plan, we will be living in Colorado on May 1 of next year. \:D/
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Location: Up high in the San Juan Mtns (Apr-Nov) and down by the beach in CA & HA (Nov-Apr)

Postby San Juan Ron » Wed May 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Yes, 5th generation. Do I lose my native status because I now live half the year on the coast? SJ Ron :D
"The mountains are calling and I must go" -- Muir

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed May 18, 2011 9:16 pm

No, but I had kids here so I'm hoping people of legal status will feel sorry for me and let me stay. :)

Postby nfire » Wed May 18, 2011 11:38 pm

maybe you can all help me out. Am I a native?

i was born in nederland in 1980. My parents in 1981 moved to Georgia where I lived until I was 25. In 2006 I moved to CO where I am now. Am I a Colorado or Georgia native?

Postby MtHurd » Thu May 19, 2011 7:04 am

nfire wrote:maybe you can all help me out. Am I a native?

i was born in nederland in 1980. My parents in 1981 moved to Georgia where I lived until I was 25. In 2006 I moved to CO where I am now. Am I a Colorado or Georgia native?

Texas is closer to Georgia than Colorado, so that makes you a Texas native. Watch out in Colorado, you'll be spit on. :D

Postby nfire » Thu May 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Barry Raven wrote:
nfire wrote:maybe you can all help me out. Am I a native?

Texas is closer to Georgia than Colorado, so that makes you a Texas native. Watch out in Colorado, you'll be spit on. :D

you missed the part where i was born in colorado. never been to texas. need some input here. never sure how to answer the question.

plus based on your rationale, i'm from states which are closer to georgia than colorado. that would make me from lots of states.

Postby WishIWasInTheMts » Tue May 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Native Born,
Boulder
If you love your job you don't have to work a day in your life.

Postby Gabriel » Tue May 24, 2011 5:30 pm

It's impossible for white folks to Be Colorado natives. You are welcome here, but please stop with the native nonsense.

G

Postby bckcntryskr » Tue May 24, 2011 6:32 pm

? is are you a Colorado taxpayer
Did I mention that "I hate postholing"

Postby Doug Shaw » Tue May 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Gabriel wrote:It's impossible for white folks to Be Colorado natives. You are welcome here, but please stop with the native nonsense.

The thread is clearly not about indigenous people (which, for the record, would have been a better choice of terms to make your point, off-topic though it may have been).

While I won't argue against this thread being nonsense, it is technically correct nonsense. As a noun, a correct and acceptable definition of the term "native" is "a person born in a particular place or country". By that definition anybody who was born in Colorado is a "native" of Colorado.

PreviousNext