Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

I am Alive: Nando Parrado's Story

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Re: I am Alive: Nando Parrado's Story

Postby SharonH » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Ricardo Pena and Eduardo Strauch (one of the survivors) will lead another trek to the crash site in January 2011. I am going again as it was such an awesome experience. Eduardo is one of the nicest guys ever; I am not sure why they translated for him on the film--he was speaking perfect English! One of his interviews in the movie was filmed inside a 3 person tent crammed with 5 people--at least the cameras warmed the tent up as it gets really cold up there at night. He was also interviewed by the grave on the mountain where his cousin and best friend are buried.

If you are interested in the trip, contact Ricardo at www.alpineexpeditions.net.

Postby Moboy56 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:37 am

i just caught the last 40 minutes of the show, but it was an extraordinary film. i had read the book just after it came out, it was very well done also. again a great show! =D>
“The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.”
Jack London

Postby SharonH » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:12 am

There will be another showing on the History Channel on Saturday at 3:00 pm mountain time. The History Channel store will also sell the DVD with shipping in November. Lots of extras on the DVD I have heard.

Postby rhill987 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Great show. The human spirit and the will to live never ceases to amaze me.

Sharon, I have only climbed 21 of the 58 peaks and can not place the 14er you reference in your posts. I am almost certain it is a peak I have yet to climb and therefore, am unable to recognize it. Please do tell. :)

Postby SharonH » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:14 pm

PM sent. You probably have climbed at least one of the fourteeners seen in the movie. The editing was so awesome that you really think you are in the Andes.

Previous