Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby KevinK » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:36 pm

a. There is no surfer girl in the mountains. Well, actually there is but I met her and she's taken :(

b. Sorry no free official 14er truffles. When you finish I'd be happy to share some of my truffles with you but I think they may be a little green for your tastes.

c. You'll never find out what happens at that magical last summit if you just sit around armchair mountaineering. Step away from the computer and go climb some mountains!
Oh mama ain't it good to be alive
On your mountaintop and feeling high

-Railroad Earth

User avatar
Posts: 2327
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:36 pm
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby rijaca » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:43 pm

KevinK wrote:c. You'll never find out what happens at that magical last summit if you just sit around armchair mountaineering. Step away from the computer and go climb some mountains!


+1
"Spent a little time on the mountain
Spent a little time on the hill"

User avatar
Posts: 3077
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:36 pm
Location: Edwards, Colorado

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby Chicago Transplant » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:01 pm

The Grid :twisted:
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day

User avatar
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:42 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby Venture » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Hacksaw wrote:
tommyboy360 wrote:Life before and after the 14ers = POWDER TURNS


You won't like powder skiing, take my word on it. Stay home, take up fantasy football... =D>



I'm with this guy, don't bother with the powder, it's not worth "your" time.

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby KevinK » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Chicago Transplant wrote:The Grid :twisted:


You really are a masochist Mike. No beer drinking and now the grid? Personally, I don't know if I could take the tedium of 12 laps on peaks like Bross and Princeton but good luck to you if you are really trying. I guess someone's got to be the first to finish that list and I'm sure you could pull it off.
Oh mama ain't it good to be alive
On your mountaintop and feeling high

-Railroad Earth

User avatar
Posts: 2472
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby MountainHiker » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Can you pickup any girl/guy just by saying, "I've climbed all the 14ers"?
How do think I met MountainHikerette?

Can you get any job by putting, "I've climbed all the 14ers" on your resume?
Really is on my resume: Goal Oriented - Has climbed all the fourteeners

Special access to the super-secret part of 14ers.com?
I’m sworn to secrecy.

Does Gerry Roach call and consult you for future guidebooks, and pay you a royalty?
I’m thrilled to have met Gerry on a few occasions and shot the s**t for nothing!

Does REI give you a special super-secret discount for life?
Shhhh!

Surfer Girl takes you out on a date?
Who wants a surfer girl when you can have a mountain muffin!
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

User avatar
Posts: 920
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:50 pm
Location: Chama Valley, NM

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby skiwall » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:49 pm

MountainHiker wrote:Who wants a surfer girl when you can have a mountain muffin!


Wow. Just... wow.

While I find that to be hilarious, I'm not really digging the mental images. :)
"A good woman knows her place is in the backcountry." - PW '08

User avatar
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:13 am
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby Tory Wells » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:34 pm

skiwall wrote:
MountainHiker wrote:Who wants a surfer girl when you can have a mountain muffin!


Wow. Just... wow.

While I find that to be hilarious, I'm not really digging the mental images. :)

He's from a different generation than us....I think he may have a different definition (and mental image) of what a "mountain muffin" is. :shock:
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach

User avatar
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:16 am
Location: Westcliffe (sort of)

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby bonehead » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:15 am

g wrote:And then? And then?

Since you asked, I just can't resist. Hope this link works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-timQghfQI&feature=player_embedded

User avatar
Posts: 2472
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby MountainHiker » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:38 am

lanternerouge08 wrote:
skiwall wrote:
MountainHiker wrote:Who wants a surfer girl when you can have a mountain muffin!


Wow. Just... wow.

While I find that to be hilarious, I'm not really digging the mental images. :)

He's from a different generation than us....I think he may have a different definition (and mental image) of what a "mountain muffin" is. :shock:

Traits of the mountain muffin:

Might not own high heels, but has various hiking boots, ski boots, climbing shoes, trekking shoes, double mountaineering boots & sneakers.
Doesn’t get her nails done because she climbs.
Owns more fleece than dress up clothes.
Fitness routine centers around the mountains.
Weekends are for the mountains.

I’m sure others could add to this list of traits.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

User avatar
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby wooderson » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:27 am

MountainHiker wrote:Traits of the mountain muffin:

Might not own high heels, but has various hiking boots, ski boots, climbing shoes, trekking shoes, double mountaineering boots & sneakers.
Doesn’t get her nails done because she climbs.
Owns more fleece than dress up clothes.
Fitness routine centers around the mountains.
Weekends are for the mountains.

I’m sure others could add to this list of traits.


Can't wear skirts to work in the summer because legs are all bruised up from climbing.
Would rather receive a subzero sleeping bag as a gift than a ring, earrings or other piece of jewelry she'll never wear.

Not that I speak from personal experience or anything... 8)

User avatar
Posts: 3077
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:36 pm
Location: Edwards, Colorado

Re: Life After Climbing All The 14ers?

Postby Chicago Transplant » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:51 pm

KevinK wrote:
Chicago Transplant wrote:The Grid :twisted:


You really are a masochist Mike. No beer drinking and now the grid? Personally, I don't know if I could take the tedium of 12 laps on peaks like Bross and Princeton but good luck to you if you are really trying. I guess someone's got to be the first to finish that list and I'm sure you could pull it off.


No, I'm not trying to do the grid, I'm with you on the tedium of some peaks. Not to mention some of them just don't make sense to me to do once in winter, let alone multiple times!

Hope your summer is going well, I see you and Matt have been getting up some interesting peaks!
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests