Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Dog Rescue

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Re: Dog Rescue

Postby Snowgirl » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:29 pm

swoodyut wrote: Snowgirl, thanks for all the helpful information you've put out there on these forums w/r/t hiking & camping with dogs. I'm actually searching through your posts to gather all the nuggets.

Thanks, I'm glad they've been helpful. I agree that chicken broth works well, be careful with bouillon cubes because they can have a lot of additives that might not sit well, but in general they should be fine.

Finn is cute! Happy trails!
Such things for example as the grasp of a child's hand in your own, the flavor of an apple, the embrace of a friend or lover...sunlight on rock and leaves, the feel of music, the bark of a tree, the abrasion of granite and sand, the plunge of clear water into a pool, the face of the wind--- what else is there? What else do we need?
--Edward Abbey

Postby dientetimes3 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Sounds like some really ignorant people that took there dog way up the trail and then went "DUH". Probably shouldnt have taken your dog in the first place if it caused that much trauma. Or maybe you just wernt thinking in the first place. Maybe you should have realized that before you went. Leave your dog at home.

Postby bonehead » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:35 pm

dientetimes3
If you really want to be taken seriously;
refine your grammar skills, don't give the Hamburglar so much easy ammo, and lay off the 6-pack lunch.
Leave that to the professionals.

Postby coloradokevin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:16 pm

dientetimes3 wrote:Sounds like some really ignorant people that took there dog way up the trail and then went "DUH". Probably shouldnt have taken your dog in the first place if it caused that much trauma. Or maybe you just wernt thinking in the first place. Maybe you should have realized that before you went. Leave your dog at home.

In the time that you've been a member of this forum, the only thing you've done is push an anti-dog agenda. Do you actually have anything useful to contribute, or are you just here to troll the board about dogs?

Just because a dog has a problem on a trail doesn't mean that the dog always has problems on the trail, or that the owners were necessarily negligent. I've known hikers/climbers who have been very seriously injured in the wilderness, but most people wouldn't argue that people shouldn't have been on the trails. My dog has been up six of the 14'ers so far, and has climbed these peaks a total of around 10 times. Normally she has no issues at all. Sometimes she has had minor issues, such as fatigue or a small tear in a pad. We've adapted to those situations when they've presented themselves, and I've made sure that my dog was taken care of. Of course, during one of those climbs I sprained my own ankle, and during another climb I got really tired myself. I guess the dog and I are on the same playing field, so I think I'll continue to let her play in the mountains!

Postby cheeseburglar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:46 pm

I think my little dog got a touch of snow blindness today. Her eyes are little slits and she is occasionally pawing at them.
Our husky mix is fine and has never had any issues like that!
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes

Previous