Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Craziest Scene on a 14er

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Re: Craziest Scene on a 14er

Postby ForOurKids » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:50 pm

I saw the Cameron Copter too. Some iPhone pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7881612@N03/sets/72157621865701070/show/

Postby peter303 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:27 pm

I saw a dude masterbating on the side of the trail while hiking up San Luis. It was well above tree line and somehow he didn't see us hiking up the trail. :shock:

There is this thing call autoerotic asphyxia- oxygen deprived orgasms- that might be assisted by large changes in altitude. I've read about unfortunates who fatally overdo it now and then. I've never directly tried this, but notice the first one is more intense after several days at another altitude, curiously either direction.

Postby givemejava » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:38 pm

peter303 wrote:
I saw a dude masterbating on the side of the trail while hiking up San Luis. It was well above tree line and somehow he didn't see us hiking up the trail. :shock:

There is this thing call autoerotic asphyxia- oxygen deprived orgasms- that might be assisted by large changes in altitude. I've read about unfortunates who fatally overdo it now and then. I've never directly tried this, but notice the first one is more intense after several days at another altitude, curiously either direction.

I am planning on my 1st 14er this Friday. Looking forward to the post-climax climax. :twisted:
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional

Postby givemejava » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:01 am

This thread has gone rapidly down hill... as it were
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional

Postby nativehiker2 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:36 am

Eaglevu wrote:I don't know how rare, or how often this is, or if it can be considered crazy. Maybe crazy for the pilot. But, I once saw a cessna come flying up Stevens Gulch and miss the saddle between G & T by about 30 feet. I was having lunch on Torrey's and could read the letters on the top of the wing. It banked left, and headed out through Chihuaha Gulch.

That reminds me of the time I saw a couple of fighter jets whiz past Pikes Peaks summit at just about eye level off the east face. I dont think they were more than one to two hundred yards away. So freaking awesome. Probably from one of the bases in the springs. That's probably the LAST thing the tourists were expecting to see once they got off the Cog! Definitely the last thing I expected to see, and Ive seen a lot up there, including morbidly obese marmots. :shock:
"Michael, we don't have a lot of time on this earth! We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements." --Peter Gibbons, Office Space

Postby uwe » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:57 am

On the summit of Princeton, looked up and there was a fellow way up floating on the thermals in a hang glider.

Postby Papillon » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:48 pm

In early May, I was heading up the Longs Peak Trail at 3 AM when I encountered a dude who said he just skied the north face by moon and headlamp. He didn't strike me as a crap artist either.
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs

Postby MtnHub » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Last year a couple of people who made the summit of Longs started flying a kite.
Attachments
kiteflying-1.jpg
kiteflying-1.jpg (27.7 KiB) Viewed 3073 times

Postby waolsen » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Yesterday on Shavano there was a guy playing his bugle. It wasn't crazy. I thought it was pretty cool. If anything it was unique.
"The mountains are calling and I must go"

Postby frntrangr » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 pm

I watched a paraglider float 30' above the summit of South Maroon. I am not sure if he took off on the summit or not because we were still about 100' below the summit when he just appeared overhead. Kind of a strange sight when you haven't seen anyone the entire morning, and all the sudden someone is quietly floating overhead at 14,000'.

Postby TravelingMatt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:50 am

givemejava wrote:I am planning on my 1st 14er this Friday. Looking forward to the post-climax climax. :twisted:

I suggest you do Democrat from the west. Then you can have your post-climax climax in Climax!
So pleas'd at first the towering Alps we try,
Mount o'er the vales, and seem to tread the sky,
Th' increasing prospects tire our wand'ring eyes,
Hills peep o'er hills, and Alps on Alps arise!
-- Alexander Pope

Postby ccard257 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:32 am

Papillon wrote:In early May, I was heading up the Longs Peak Trail at 3 AM when I encountered a dude who said he just skied the north face by moon and headlamp. He didn't strike me as a crap artist either.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160206&highlight=longs

PreviousNext