Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

CHRIS DAVENPORT

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

CHRIS DAVENPORT

Postby Tommy Dorr » Wed May 17, 2006 3:12 pm

Good 'morrow boys and girls,

I just gotta get a thread going on this guy. Here's where we all left off.

http://www.14ers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t ... rt&start=0

Lot of guys said "no way" but he's banged out all the hard ones. I'm looking at Pikes Peak right now and I don't know how the hell he's gonna ski it with no snow. Anyway here's the site. Check out the Capitol run. =D>

http://www.skithe14ers.com/
"Try not... do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"When the Power of Love overcomes the Love for Power, then the world will Know Peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Postby Chicago Transplant » Wed May 17, 2006 3:36 pm

Blanca and LB may be tough too, I heard the snow is getting thin there as well. There are a few others remaining in the Crestones as well. I hope he can get those other peaks before they melt.

He's got a lot done though, kudos! I'm looking forward to seeing the DVD when it gets released!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed May 17, 2006 3:44 pm

There is almost no snow on Blanca and LB. He will have to wait until November or December for some of the peaks.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby Tommy Dorr » Wed May 17, 2006 4:24 pm

If he changed his criteria to a one year project, he would still be the only one to have ever accomplished the feat in that time interval, correct?

Does anyone know what run he's saving for last?
"Try not... do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"When the Power of Love overcomes the Love for Power, then the world will Know Peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Postby tmahon » Wed May 17, 2006 6:28 pm

was with dav on pikes monday, it was actually good. it looked unskiable at first, the rxr was dry as was the east and west side, all of the Y entrances by the restaurant looked completely dry as well. as you walked out to the skiers left branches of the Y there was some snow but it looked pretty lean. we clicked in at the edge of the parking lot anyway to see what was below and after about 100 or so feet of jump turns and side slips it became a snow filled fully skiable couloir to somewhere in the mid 12K ft. area.
we were both really surprised.
i think he'll have the pics up on a TR tonight or tomorrow.
he might be on columbia today
it was #42